Eastern Arc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msawdust

Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Talked with my installer about changing to the Eastern Arc and he said their warehouse does not stock 1000.4 dishes and it is because they are not recommended for our area. He said if I buy one he will put it up for me. I have a tree problem facing West but pretty clear facing South. Don't understand why the Eastern Arc is not recommended for our area. I already have my HD channels coming in on a seperate Dish 500 facing south because I can not get 129 from the west.

I have noticed that Sat. 61.5 does have a weaker signal around 48 versus Sat. 110 at about 72. Maybe this is the reason for not recommending the Eastern Arc for my area. I live in Erie, Pa.

I am just wondering if he is feeding me a line of crap or could this be true. I would like to get rid of the two dishes on my roof and go down to one if possible. He has been very helpful so far so I think he is being straight with me. My locals ore on 129 so I am using the OTA module for my locals so that is not an issue. And it could be that because the locals are on 129 that they do not recommend the 1000.4 for me.

Thanks for listening.

It's because almost all the Penn DMAs are on the western arc 110/119/129. There are not any spotbeams from the eastern arc that cover your area as of now. IIRC only the Scranton and Philly DMAs are on the eastern arc currently.

There is no line of demarcation for eastern arc and western arc. If an eastern arc satellite had a spotbeam covering an area, that area was designated as an eastern arc DMA. There are DMAs on the east coast that currently are designated as western arc. This is all subject to change as E* designs, builds, and launches new satellites specifically for the eastern arc. The eastern arc currently consists of older satellites, most of which were designed for western arc operation making spot beam coverage at their eastern arc orbits interesting.

Laddyboy

Thank you for your great explanation. That may explain why 61.5 has a weaker signal if the Sat is an older vintage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)