Eastern & Western Arc

abletondj

Dec 18, 2008
As everyone knows D/N has released a new RDBA24 program that also includes information on the "Eastern Arc Solution."
I've been struggling to get a straight answer out of D/N on a few things and didn't konw if anyone had any info / links to pass on to further educate myself.

1. D/N is stating for certain areas that are in the New Eastern Arc, all new installations MUST be installed with a 1000.4 antennae, and all MPEG4 equipment. Is this true, or merely a suggestion? My existing clients in the same areas are on 500 antennae with MPEG equipment, so why is dishnet saying you must install with the new eastern arc solution... is this just a suggestion; maybe a ploy for them to sell more new expensive equipment, rather than being able to re-use my inventory I already purchased.

2. D/N will not give me complete list of Eastern and Western Arc Areas. The two lists I did get contradicted eachother. I found this link, Eastern Arc DMA Lookup Tool but the site hasnt been updated since 12/23/2008, so I wonder how accurate it is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

How much HDTV can you get off a dish 500? Seeing their promotions/aim is selling HDTV you need to install a 1000.4 or a 1000.2. Can you get a reliable 129 in your location? If no then the logical dish to stock is the 1000.4 Yes there will be execptions to any rule so just go with the flow.

We are in one of those areas where all new installs are to be 1000.4.

Yesterday they gave me a work order with a 1000.4 install on a 322 receiver, I put up a 500 instead after speaking to the customer that did not have HD TVs did not want the HD subscription and has no "soon" plans to upgrade to such. Even so a wing dish for our HD locals on 61.5 could be added at a later date.

I don't modify as long as I don't change receivers on the work order but if you need to modify to get paid or whatever all it takes is to call in NLOS to 2 of the 3 EA satellite locations and they will change the work order at that point.

You can use either WA or EA, based on where your HD locals are located you might have to put up a wing for locals as we do in our area when a 1000.4 will not work based on LOS. Only requirement for 1000.4 is you must have the mpg4 (ViP)receivers only but work without issue on WA also.

Basically I check work order for HD programming, if customer does not have HD TVs or plans to upgrade "soon" then I'll put up a 500 or the 1000.4 based on LOS and if it makes my job any easier or quicker.

Obviously I am InHouse so not sure how that all works as a sub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts