Echostar 18 Launch Approx 4:15 EDT June 18 2016

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can see a truck floating through space with a "Sanford and Son" logo on the side dragging a big magnet through outer space in my mind.
Unfortunately, most space junk is non-ferrous and wouldn't respond to your giant space magnet. Maybe a huge butterfly net?

Reactions: charlesrshell
It astounds me how many launches there are nearly every day to put something into space...20 sats went up a couple of days ago on an Indian rocket. How much of the rocket required to launch this stuff falls back to Earth. At the current rate, it's going to get extremely crowded in a very short period of time...one cascade effect like we saw in the movie Gravity and that'll pretty much close off space to us for quite a while...

I'm wondering if this satellite will address the spot beam issue that prevents customers from getting Hopper 3s. I wonder if that had something to do with the change of plans from the 110?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Foxbat and nelson61
I can see a truck floating through space with a "Sanford and Son" logo on the side dragging a big magnet through outer space in my mind.

It's real. One of the big space guys has plans for a space tug that would lasso space junk and shove it out of the geostationary orbit. I'll see if I can find the link.

Yes indeed Space Junk is a big deal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_debris

Last edited:
There was a new epoch mid day Thursday with the perigee at 33000+ km and near the test longitude.
Averaging about 1200 km below the geostationary altitude.
The tracking sites projections will now become more meaningful.

It's real. One of the big space guys has plans for a space tug that would lasso space junk and shove it out of the geostationary orbit. I'll see if I can find the link.

Yes indeed Space Junk is a big deal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_debris
They are considering refueling them..
That's very interesting.
I wonder why they don't do that now?
I'll go lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Looks like it's home for testing

NORAD ID:
LOCAL TIME:
19:17:10
UTC:
00:17:10
LATITUDE:
LONGITUDE:
ALTITUDE [km]:
ALTITUDE [mi]:
SPEED [km/s]:
SPEED [mi/s]:
AZIMUTH: 151.4 SSE
ELEVATION:
+41.6
RIGHT ASCENSION:
14h 23m 46s
DECLINATION:
-06° 57' 22''
Local Sidereal Time:

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm not sure standard refueling ports have been decided upon. I do seem to remember the idea being floated some years ago.

Quick, Let me get my Superbuddy.

I don't have the 67 Orbital Location.

Just kidding , I'm Preparing for Allen when he freaks out and wonders why it's not at the 61.5.

But good to see everything so far so good.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Are you from California? Just curious why you always refer to orbital slots as Californians do freeways.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)