Echostar Communications says Dish passed 13 mln milestone (at MarketWatch)

technoguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2005
Puerto Rico
It looks like a Good year for Dish regarless the blunders on Courts.:rolleyes:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={1E9F0BB9-8580-4FE7-A612-6898D3DAA5D0}&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Yeah I know my local reseller has been doing tons of Dish installs thats for sure. Overall I think Dish will surpass Direct in customer base the way things are going.

D* had better get their expanded HD offerings up and running. That's a high growth industry, with millions more HDTV sets projected to be sold in 2007. I can't imagine a new HDTV owner comparing E* vs D* and selecting D* right now (unless they have to have NFLST).

D* had better get their expanded HD offerings up and running. That's a high growth industry, with millions more HDTV sets projected to be sold in 2007. I can't imagine a new HDTV owner comparing E* vs D* and selecting D* right now (unless they have to have NFLST).

Two words: local channels. Cable has them. DirecTV probably has them. Dish...not so much.

Three letters & one word: OTA antenna

OTA is great where it works, but be serious. We all know a difference LiL made to DBS growth, and HD LiL will be just as essential. Echostar's problem is they are handcuffed in adding new markets until Ciel 2 is up at 129 (unless there are willing to go crazy on SuperDishes).

OTA is great where it works, but be serious. We all know a difference LiL made to DBS growth, and HD LiL will be just as essential. Echostar's problem is they are handcuffed in adding new markets until Ciel 2 is up at 129 (unless there are willing to go crazy on SuperDishes).

Obviously there are a lot of issues with OTA. HD LiL and OTA both have advantages and disadvantages. Personally I would like to have both and get the best of both worlds. Yes Direct will get some customers because of HD locals and Dish will get a lot because of nationals. But I was just being a smart @$$/having fun with the Three letters and one word after your two word comment. (which unfortunately goes against your be serious suggestion.. sorry)

Yeah either way for now Dish is the HD Leader and they will have more HD locals. So for your money Dish is the better deal.

HD locals look like crap on D*. Cable does not carry all the local channels in HD in a lot of the major markets.

Dish with local OTA via the VIP622 is the cheapest and best way to watch and record local HD, if you can get the signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts