EHD issues with Hopper 2 or Hopper 3? (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

blackjackmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 23, 2003
Central IL
just got the Hopper 3 and the EHD will be connected, then disconnect, then a few minutes later reconnect. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

I wonder if it's my EHD since it was acting similarly on the Hopper 2 when I transferred all the recording from the Hopper 2 in preparation for the upgrade. Then again, I don't use it much except as an archive so wasn't sure if this is just typically buggy behavior of the EHD integration.

Rixos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 12, 2015
Sacramento
Try a different usb port. Mine was doing it when i first got h3 so switched ports and started working and never happened again. And give hopper3 a week to download all updates.

spoiler1041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 26, 2011
Fl
just got the Hopper 3 and the EHD will be connected, then disconnect, then a few minutes later reconnect. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

I wonder if it's my EHD since it was acting similarly on the Hopper 2 when I transferred all the recording from the Hopper 2 in preparation for the upgrade. Then again, I don't use it much except as an archive so wasn't sure if this is just typically buggy behavior of the EHD integration.
If it's a usb 3 be sure to use a 3.0 cable. Some 3.0 devices can draw almost twice the amps as 2.0.devices and a 2.0 cable may not like that very much. :)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama

Ive had my USB 3.0 Monoprice Raid 1 enclosure on the H3 since Feb and never have any issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts