EHD issues with Hopper 2 or Hopper 3?

blackjackmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Central IL
just got the Hopper 3 and the EHD will be connected, then disconnect, then a few minutes later reconnect. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

I wonder if it's my EHD since it was acting similarly on the Hopper 2 when I transferred all the recording from the Hopper 2 in preparation for the upgrade. Then again, I don't use it much except as an archive so wasn't sure if this is just typically buggy behavior of the EHD integration.

Try a different usb port. Mine was doing it when i first got h3 so switched ports and started working and never happened again. And give hopper3 a week to download all updates.

just got the Hopper 3 and the EHD will be connected, then disconnect, then a few minutes later reconnect. Anyone seeing similar behavior?

I wonder if it's my EHD since it was acting similarly on the Hopper 2 when I transferred all the recording from the Hopper 2 in preparation for the upgrade. Then again, I don't use it much except as an archive so wasn't sure if this is just typically buggy behavior of the EHD integration.
If it's a usb 3 be sure to use a 3.0 cable. Some 3.0 devices can draw almost twice the amps as 2.0.devices and a 2.0 cable may not like that very much. :)

Ive had my USB 3.0 Monoprice Raid 1 enclosure on the H3 since Feb and never have any issues with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)