EHD now in DVR List

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Starting yesterday my External Hard Drive is showing up in my DVR listing on my Hopper 3. Right next to the "Rentals" box is a symbol showing two hard drives, labeled 1 and 2. If I click on 2 the DVR listing changes from programs saved on the internal hard drive to those saved on my external drive.

I haven't heard about any software changes or updates here, and I didn't make any changes, so this was a surprise to me. I like it! It makes switching to the EHD very easy.

If it's no longer labelled "Source" that gives you the option of the H3 plus installed EHDs when clicked, that doesn't bode well for a 2 Hopper3 setup.

Larry, could you take a picture of that screen and post it here. I see the two drives as a graphic with the number 2 overlaid on it. When I click on that graphic I see the internal drive and the EHD. When i click on the EHD I see it's contents.

Settings, diagnostic, that will show you your current firmware. Please post if you can larrykenny
Weren't you trying to update the software to 336 before?? (Could be wrong, sorry)

Pat, Bobby and JS... attached is the requested photo showing the two drive graphic that's labeled "Sources". If I click on the graphic with the 2 on it, up comes the contents of my EHD. The two drive graphic remains when looking at the EHD contents, so to go back to the internal drive you simply have to click the top item on the graphic. This sure beats having to go into the menu like we used to have to do.

JS, I have software version U334 dated 12/26/16.

Attachments

• recordingH3.jpg
    recordingH3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 292
strange your drive just showed up. glad it's working for you.
thanks for the information.

if i hit sources, there is another pop up options screen, top is hopper 3, lower is the ehd. not sure if thats the same. not sure how you would click on the top of the graphic or the lower on the graphic. Sounds like that would skip the DVR recordings options sources screen.??

The picture is the same as it has always been on the Carbon interface. Mine shows the number 3 because I have 3 sources, Hopper3 and 2 attached EHDs. Mine goes to a list of sources if clicked on. If yours goes directly to the EHD, then maybe it's because there is only one EHD. I can't comment on that because I have always had 2 EHDs connected.

Yes, I've seen that same thing, Larry, since I got my H3. If the H3 doesn't recognize the EHD, for any reason, you will not see the Sources graphic at all...

strange your drive just showed up. glad it's working for you.
thanks for the information.

if i hit sources, there is another pop up options screen, top is hopper 3, lower is the ehd. not sure if thats the same. not sure how you would click on the top of the graphic or the lower on the graphic. Sounds like that would skip the DVR recordings options sources screen.??
Yup, the Sources graphic just showed up a few days ago. Prior to this my EHD worked fine, but I had to go into the menu to switch to it. For how long have you guys been seeing the Sources graphic?

As for the top graphic vs the bottom graphic... duh - all I'm doing is toggling between the two. I'm not selecting one graphic or the other, but in my mind I was.

Larry

Yup, the Sources graphic just showed up a few days ago. Prior to this my EHD worked fine, but I had to go into the menu to switch to it. For how long have you guys been seeing the Sources graphic?

As for the top graphic vs the bottom graphic... duh - all I'm doing is toggling between the two. I'm not selecting one graphic or the other, but in my mind I was.

Larry

thanks for the update!

I'm sure there are plenty of responses already and choices, but what Hard Drive are you guys using and what size?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)