EncoreHD - Farewell

MichaelG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
I noticed last night that the listing for EncoreHD ends at 5:30am CT Friday morning. After that is shows "Sign Off".

I know this is planned and talked about before, but I am sad to see it go. Hopefully it will be back after demand picks up.

MichaelG said:
I noticed last night that the listing for EncoreHD ends at 5:30am CT Friday morning. After that is shows "Sign Off".

I know this is planned and talked about before, but I am sad to see it go. Hopefully it will be back after demand picks up.

There was a twinge of of sadness here too as I watched Happy Gilmore last night.

Edit: Then Bob Barker said "Bitch" and I was fine.

I think I watched more movies on EncoreHD than any of the other premiums. I really liked their choice of films. It's a shame...

thankfully you added the LOL, or else I dunno what I what've done.... ;)

Just the HD channel.

I just talked to a CSR for Starzzzz and they say that STAZHD is staying and the encoreHD channel is going away 1 Apr not enough interest they say. MMMMMMMMMM maybe we all need to start calling and writing letters to them and tell the Company that they are taking a major step backwards shotting down a HD Channel.....

they also need to put another encore/starz channel in the package to maintain the 9 channel count that each premium pack has.

Walter L. said:
Don't worry guys, VOOM will fill-up the vacancy left by Encore-HD with ESPN2-HD :D
I was waiting for you to say that, Walter! I sure hope so. And quick; Yankees-Red Sox in HD would be great Sunday night. Not holding my breath though. :(

who_the said:
I was waiting for you to say that, Walter! I sure hope so. And quick; Yankees-Red Sox in HD would be great Sunday night. Not holding my breath though. :(

Too bad ESPN2 will be blackedout in Newengland for Sunday's game since local UPN and RSN are doing the game also, alot of Voomer in Mass are going to be pissed if they can't get UPN OTA :no Hopefully Voom will put it on ESPN2A just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts