Encouraging sign.... or not :(

Anyone know when the announcements for NBC will be made? I'm assuming in the next couple weeks?

New schedule is out.
Chuck is not on the schedule, and officially on hold.

Breaking: NBC unveils fall sked, decision on 'Chuck' delayed | | Ausiello Files | EW.com

NBC unveiled its fall lineup this morning, but conspicuously missing was any mention of bubble shows Chuck, Law & Order, Medium, Life, or My Name is Earl. According to a Peacock insider, a final ruling on the fate of all five shows will come on May 19. (Medium and Law & Order are both expected back; insiders say NBC execs are just finalizing the episode counts.)

Medium is coming back in it's normal role as a mid-season show, but no news if Chuck will do the same.

I read somewhere this morning that NBC and My Name is Earl were in( & are still in) negotiations this weekend on price. I think NBC is using this as a tactic to drive the price they pay for Chuck down.

I can't believe I've only now noticed this thread! (c.f. avatar) I should have known I need look no further to find the latest info on the best shows on TV.

Thanks for posting the latest, all!

I was pretty bummed when "My Own Worst Enemy" got the ax after nine episodes. Cancelling Chuck would be an even greater travesty. It may force me to wait until any show I want to start has its full run (or at least 3 seasons) and is on DVD/BD before I commit to watching it. I would even be happy with a 8-13 episode run (like many made-for-cable shows) if it meant a high-quality show got to stick around longer.

The Plot Thickens....

Source: Updated Chuck info

I’ve learned why announcements regarding the renewal fates of Chuck and My Name Is Earl have been delayed. And it involves more horsetrading than the Triple Crown. My sources tell me that NBC lowballed the Earl license fee, and the show’s owner, Twentieth Century Fox, came back with a proposal which NBC has been sitting on for a few days. As for Chuck, this gets complicated. Turns out NBC didn’t like David E Kelley’s Warner Bros pilot Legally Mad. Problem is, there’s a $2 million penalty that gets paid to WB if the network doesn’t pick up the show. So NBC is hoping to work a deal tying the renewal of Chuck, which is also a WB show, to a pass on paying that Legally Mad penalty.

Chuck it all! They can go Chuck themselves. The fact that they are using Chuck as a bargaining chip may actually be a good thing. That means that they see there is real value for Chuck (because they think they can get something for it). I just can't imagine this not being picked up!

The Classified Materials Turbulence

NIcktoons Slices New 'Wolverine and the X-Men' Deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)