EPIX Drive In Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JimWH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Tampa Fl.
I was looking at a movie yesterday evening on EPIX Drive in SD. I know, why watch any of the 10 crummy movies they seem to show over and over. Anyway, in addition to being a bad movie, there was a major pixilisation issue. It was a clear night with no problems on other channels. Is this just really limited bandwidth or could it be something else?

Pixelization can be caused by adverse weather conditions at either the uplink site or at the receiver site.

Just because you have a clear sky in Ohio, or wherever, does not mean the sky is clear in Colorado or Arizona or wherever.

I was looking at a movie yesterday evening on EPIX Drive in SD. I know, why watch any of the 10 crummy movies they seem to show over and over. Anyway, in addition to being a bad movie, there was a major pixilisation issue. It was a clear night with no problems on other channels. Is this just really limited bandwidth or could it be something else?

The old VHS video tapes they broadcast from probably have wrinkles in them! :D

The EPIX channels are distributed off of AMC 10.
All channels in the mux are H.264.
Epix 1, 2 and 3 HD vary between 8 and 12 Mbps.
The SD versions are between 2 and 3 Mbps.
Epix DI SD is only 1.8 Mbps.
This is before Dish does it's thing.

The EPIX channels are distributed off of AMC 10.
All channels in the mux are H.264.
Epix 1, 2 and 3 HD vary between 8 and 12 Mbps.
The SD versions are between 2 and 3 Mbps.
Epix DI SD is only 1.8 Mbps.
This is before Dish does it's thing.
Where do you find this information? Is there an online resource?

Where do you find this information? Is there an online resource?
10 foot C band dish pointed at AMC 10, Prof 7500 USB DVB-S2 satellite receiver and TSReader.
No online resource.
Unfortunately, all channels have always been encrypted, so there is no way to actually see what the video quality looks like.

10 foot C band dish pointed at AMC 10, Prof 7500 USB DVB-S2 satellite receiver and TSReader.
No online resource.
Unfortunately, all channels have always been encrypted, so there is no way to actually see what the video quality looks like.
Now don't I feel silly. I guess if I had googled "AMC 10" I wouldn't have had to post my question. :eek:

The color seems washed out as well. It looked that way when it was Epix 3 too.
There still is an Epix3. It's just moved up to 382. This is a brand new channel dedicated to cheesy drive in movies.

Think about it, old cheesy drive in B movies with C list actors...

Seeing that in crystal clear High Definition would be very wrong.

I think they should digitally add fake film scratches, splice jumps and sound pops like Grindhouse Presents films have.

Boy, that takes me back.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)