This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

equipment needed for a headend setup?

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
I would love to know where (a source) I could get the How-To Information and equipment needed for a headend setup. I live in southeastern Kentucky and I would love to have my own over the air antenna system running from the top of the mountain behind me. the cable run would be at least 1500 feet run from the top of the mountain to my house. with this setup I would only want to receive my locals channels maybe HD if I ever start moving into the HD area and the FM band. I'm not wanting to run a neighborhood CATV system just a very long OTA system. I know it can be done. Before we had CATV companies and Satellite TV some area people would a simple run a ladder line and a TV antenna to get all the area channels and some from cities that are farther away(distance channels) I remember when I was a kid (late 60' early 70's) a guy who had one of these TV mountain lines and he had all the channels ABC,NBC, CBS, and PBS from Huntington and Charleston WV he also had channels from tri-cities of Johnson City Tenn and a Bluefield WV channel. I seen ladder line in one of my ham catalogs and seeing that got me thinking about running the line again and now coming across this string about doing almost the same thing.... weird huh. any info would help. I currently have local digital cable from Inter-mountain Cable. I did consider the DBS but ran into some jacka$$ who said I could not get the 119 birds....but he was wrong. I am going to move into the FTA area in the spring and really thinking about a move to the one of the DBS systems. but I would love to find some info on my OTA question.

Thanks
Darrell B
meldar_b

also posted at http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=83175