Equipment return

Templeton0543

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Central California
I have a tech coming out to swap out a problem H3 for a new one and have a Joey and a wireless Joey that I do not need anymore. Can I give them to him while he is here or do I need to ship them in myself?

Hey Templeton0543! Generally, we would need for you to call in or chat with one of our amazing customer service agents to return a receiver. However, when a technician is coming out to swap out equipment, they will take the boxes that need to be returned. If you're concerned about making sure the equipment is returned, feel free to follow up 24-48 hours hours after the visit to ensure the equipment was processed as returned and off your account!

Hey Templeton0543! Generally, we would need for you to call in or chat with one of our amazing customer service agents to return a receiver. However, when a technician is coming out to swap out equipment, they will take the boxes that need to be returned. If you're concerned about making sure the equipment is returned, feel free to follow up 24-48 hours hours after the visit to ensure the equipment was processed as returned and off your account!
48 hours is a little short. If he's in-house, the vans get restocked, etc nightly, yeah, but that doesn't mean they ship retrieved equipment out to processing centers that day. For subs, like my company, we see the warehouse once a week o it could be that long before it's dropped off, and again returns are shipped once or twice a week. I'd give it 10 days

If you have a tech coming out to swap out your H3, make sure you have an Ethernet cable to connect the two Hoppers together then go into the Technian settings and select the transfer recordings from old Hopper to new Hopper. Being it's an Eithernet cable vs USB, it won't take that long, but it will be some time. Most techs are paid by customers served per unit time. So they may be impatient or tell you that you can't do that.

Don't lose your old recordings. You can tell them they can go to their next appointment and either leave you the box for your to return the old Hopper or they can come back.

If you have a tech coming out to swap out your H3, make sure you have an Ethernet cable to connect the two Hoppers together then go into the Technian settings and select the transfer recordings from old Hopper to new Hopper. Being it's an Eithernet cable vs USB, it won't take that long, but it will be some time. Most techs are paid by customers served per unit time. So they may be impatient or tell you that you can't do that.

Don't lose your old recordings. You can tell them they can go to their next appointment and either leave you the box for your to return the old Hopper or they can come back.
I tell them wait 24 hours, show them how to do it, give them the ethernet cable and call Dish to have the return packaging sent out

I cancelled mine Wednesday. I'll let you know when the boxes get here
13 days after I cancelled equipment I called back. The boxes were not even sent yet. The CSR expedited the boxes and they should be here in 7-10 days. I received an email confirming the CSR box order. I was told they would be free return postage.

Reactions: TheKrell
13 days after I cancelled equipment I called back. The boxes were not even sent yet. The CSR expedited the boxes and they should be here in 7-10 days. I received an email confirming the CSR box order. I was told they would be free return postage.
I got mine yesterday, 9 days after I cancelled

• Sad
Being a tech and a customer are 2 different things. One is my career, the other is no longer needed
It reminds me of when I was working in a retail department store. The company was fine with having employees who did not actually shop there. Where they drew the line was on not allowing us to make statements to customers such as "Oh, I never shop here." It makes the customers wonder what is wrong with the store, if the people who actually work there (and have some inside knowledge) refuse to shop there. So, to have someone who is well-known and respected here as someone who installs Dish now suddenly declare that you will no longer be Dish's customer, that sends a message.

• Sad
It reminds me of when I was working in a retail department store. The company was fine with having employees who did not actually shop there. Where they drew the line was on not allowing us to make statements to customers such as "Oh, I never shop here." It makes the customers wonder what is wrong with the store, if the people who actually work there (and have some inside knowledge) refuse to shop there. So, to have someone who is well-known and respected here as someone who installs Dish now suddenly declare that you will no longer be Dish's customer, that sends a message.
Understood, but it wasn't because of dissatisfaction with the service. I dropped service because of the cost of paying for something I really never used. This year, with COVID, I've moved into so many other directions, working outside more, and inside, watching much less TV, I just couldn't justify it and the few things I do follow, I can stream. I'm not even online as much as I used to be.

So it was a personal decision. not a dig on Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts