EQUIPMENT RIPOFF: Contract Company vs Tech, need inside assistance please :(

Tekken

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Yesterday I was handed a piece of paper with the serial numbers of 5 receivers on it from the month of September stating they had not been returned to inventory under my name and Im responsible for paying for each of them if I couldn't provide proof of return or the account names they're listed on. Heres the kicker, our company printer was broken for the better half of this past month so the proof I should have had was never even issued.

These receivers have to be on peoples accounts by now because we run out of inventory frequently and if I had stolen them I wouldn't even be here.

If you know someone who has access or can give me better info on locating any of these please email me at Pcteken@cs.com

DP301
R0055095647

DP301
R0040399648

DP301
R0039056828

DP301
R0042651898

DPVR 522
R0064053870

Im about to try that but I really doubt i'll get anywhere discussing anothers account information with a CSR. :confused:

I don't know this for a FACT, but I'd imagine some CSRs (if not all) can find out what accounts those ROOs are assigned to. I recall in the past attempting to activate recievers, only to be told that it's already on someone else's account. So there MUST be some kind of database that has all that information. And therefore there must be a function that can scan that database and pull up the associated account...

I'd keep trying different CSRs, and see if it's even POSSIBLE. If you find out that it IS possible, but the CSR refuses to do it, then bust out the speed dial, and keep trying dish until you get a CSR that will comply. :yes

Anyone at E* has access to this info. Just a matter of someone willing to break the rules, put his job on the line, and help you.

If you just can't get it done I will email it to someone at E*.

Call dishnet and tell them you bought these recivers at a garage sale ( you can do this just a few at a time) and want to know if you can activate them because you realize that sometimes people don't pay their balance off. They will ask you for the #s and tell you if they are on an active acct. or not. At that point you don't need the identity of the acct holder. The company you work for can call dishnet retail services at 3037233800 and get that info by simply explaining that they have lost the records in regards the installs and need to verify where these units went. If they have never been activated then you have a problem. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

While you may be able to get account information from some CSR's, your best bet is to call retail services. Keep in mind you will need your retailer number if you call retail services.

I managed to get a hold of DishNetwork Services, explained my situation and turns out all receivers are currently active but dealing with the outstanding CSR herself with the voice of a goddess she done her job accordingly and denied me access to the names, locations, and phone numbers of the customers who's accounts the receivers reside on and even noted I couldn't gain access to that information even with a retailer number because each receiver was installed under a different retailer. Something sounds a bit strange about that part but ethier way, I love a woman with attitude :)

Great job DishNetwork Services!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)