ESPN pic cut off at bottom

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
I've been noticing this for a few days now. ESPN has a bottom pane with scrolling text in the picture. I'm seeing perhaps 10-15% of the text cut off on the bottom edge.

At first I thought it was my TV, but I went through the vertical size/position adjustments and the TV is fine - it's being fed a picture that is cut off on the bottom. (update: it's also cut off horizontally - on the bottom right I only see "ESP" with the "N" cut off)

Is there an adjustment on the 722K DVR for vertical picture size? Or is Dish cutting it off in the transmission? What are other people out there seeing?

Last edited:
Try the format "*" button on your remote, it sounds like you're in either partial zoom or zoom mode.

Press the * button (format button) on your remote and cycle through the options to make sure you are not in zoom mode.

If that is fine then it is a setting in the TV. Most TVs have a dot by dot or Just Scan mode with no over scan. You want that mode vs the default which typically has a bit of overscan or zoom and slightly crops the picture.

i have the SD only DVR 625 with an SD TV and on my set, the ESPN logos on their tickers are always cut, well on the other TVs in the house (two SD one HD with only the Dish SD channels), they are seen.

i have the SD only DVR 625 with an SD TV and on my set, the ESPN logos on their tickers are always cut, well on the other TVs in the house (two SD one HD with only the Dish SD channels), they are seen.

SDTVs (CRTs) typically have from 5-10% overscan which crops the picture, so it depends a lot on the TV as some are much worse than others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)