Espn Sportscenter Ghetto

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
what the hell is with espn its like bristol is in the hood.
stew scott can't go 5 secondfs without a buoya or whatever, plus is he even looking at the camera
hah stu your on crack cocaine
anyways i just thjought id share that sportscenter really suxs, i miss cnnsi and the sports show van earl wright did on fsn in the mornings
it obvious the no competion is hurting sportscenter
I guess im looking for a national sports show in the am other than sportscenter, i dont think ther is one though

the canadian sportscentre is awesome none of that bouya or facial crap

ESPN's best talent imho is john buchegrass yea a hockey announcer is their best personality

Suzie, Joe just wants to kiss eventhough you are a fugly mofo

Last edited:
stone phillips420 said:
I guess im looking for a national sports show in the am other than sportscenter, i dont think ther is one though
/QUOTE]

Completely agree, I tend to focus on the specialized sports shows for the NFL and MLB on ESPN. Sportscenter has really turned into a place to turn non-events into massive media issues. Show me the highlights and add some flavor but don't try create issues where there are none. Dan Patrick thinks he is Tom Brokaw now. I don't mind Stu Scott's entertainment attempts, although I can live without his style.

ESPN Sports Radio is the same. I usually tune out until one of the experts are on like Gammons, Neyer, Olney, etc.

I've noticed the same thing. I dont mind it every now and then but the ebonix is getting out of hand. Noboby says they need to speak Queen's English but somebody needs to step in and tone it down. They look like a bunch of idiots and not professionals when they go over the line.

We should petition Mr. Cuban to start one on HDNET, wouldn't that be sweet.

I watch ESPN a few times during college football, the entire network has gone down the tubes while we're forced to pay about $5 a month to our providers for their junk.

Digital Dude said:
We should petition Mr. Cuban to start one on HDNET, wouldn't that be sweet.

I watch ESPN a few times during college football, the entire network has gone down the tubes while we're forced to pay about $5 a month to our providers for their junk.
that is a great idea, we should push the issue with hdnet hd highlights and no comedians or ego's on the air

I used to tune into ESPN alot,until the NFL Sunday Countdown fiasco with Rush Limbaugh happened.The only time I tune in now is for telecasts of their NFL and MLB games,nothing else.I will not watch any of their pre-game or post-game junk,just the games themselves.When I tune in for the games,I will mute the volume and turn the stereo on,simply because I don't care or want to hear what they have to say.I will not watch anything else they have to offer.IMO,if they want to "clean house",so to say,and put some people on that doesn't act like a bunch of idiots,I may be willing to tune in to some of their other programming once again.If they choose to continue with their current path,that is their right to do so,but,I won't watch it.

You hit it on the head steve615, I am living proof that middle aged guys acting like teenagers are pathetic! :) It's alot easier to do when the audience can't see you!

steve615 said:
I used to tune into ESPN alot,until the NFL Sunday Countdown fiasco with Rush Limbaugh happened.The only time I tune in now is for telecasts of their NFL and MLB games,nothing else.I will not watch any of their pre-game or post-game junk,just the games themselves.When I tune in for the games,I will mute the volume and turn the stereo on,simply because I don't care or want to hear what they have to say.I will not watch anything else they have to offer.IMO,if they want to "clean house",so to say,and put some people on that doesn't act like a bunch of idiots,I may be willing to tune in to some of their other programming once again.If they choose to continue with their current path,that is their right to do so,but,I won't watch it.

Same here. I used to have sports center on in the morning as I would get ready for work, and now I have not watched the show in over two years. I think they have become biased with their sports news. They focus on the popular teams, or sports. Nothing is just sports anymore. Its the Shaq Kobe soap opera, Phil Jackson and Laker's fiasco, Terrell Owens drama... crap like that.

I gave up on SportsCenter a long time ago. Now that they black out baseball (Reds and Cubs were today in Indiana) what's the reason for keeping it. I remember when SC was on for an hour 3 times a day, the rest of the time was filled with replays of the previous night events. I would not read the paper and watch the replays, not knowing who won made it seem live. I enjoyed that.

Last edited:
While were all complaining about SC .....

I think everyone should use the persons REAL name.
Does anyone remember a guy named Terrell Owens .... Oh ya T.O.
I am so tired of nicknames for everyone, but it's the generation more than ESPN.

I do listen to some ESPN Radio, I like Mike and Mike and the Dan Patrick show, thats about it though.

Jimbo

stone phillips420 said:
what the hell is with espn its like bristol is in the hood.
stew scott can't go 5 secondfs without a buoya or whatever, plus is he even looking at the camera
hah stu your on crack cocaine
anyways i just thjought id share that sportscenter really suxs, i miss cnnsi and the sports show van earl wright did on fsn in the mornings
it obvious the no competion is hurting sportscenter
Thats pretty damn funny. Bristol in the hood. I've seen Sportscenter this past weekend and it sucked...

the canadian sportscentre is awesome none of that bouya or facial crap
Because they focus on the SPORTS, not the players. Plus they have competition with Sportsnet's show. Sportscentre rocks! (The Canadian version)
Dutchie (Daryn Dutchyschen)sp? is great at what he does and Jennifer Hedger is oh, so hot :):D

I too would rather watch a segment of ESPN News than SC anymore. The over-hype and catch phrases have ruined the program. The same "fans" that think the end zone crap, chest bumping, dancing after every missed free throw/play and jersey popping is cool, are the same people that think the show is cool. KIDS. BUT they need to realize kids don't pay their bills. I also think they above is ruining major sports.

Jimbos said:
While were all complaining about SC .....

I think everyone should use the persons REAL name.
Does anyone remember a guy named Terrell Owens .... Oh ya T.O.
I am so tired of nicknames for everyone, but it's the generation more than ESPN.

I do listen to some ESPN Radio, I like Mike and Mike and the Dan Patrick show, thats about it though.

Jimbo

That last quote brought to you by Jim Bo"Jackson"

While we are kick around ESPN...Whats the deal with the Bonds reality thing. How can viewers take it seriously when ESPN gave final editorial rights to Bonds!?!? That show has zero credibility in my eyes.

boston area dtv said:
While we are kick around ESPN...Whats the deal with the Bonds reality thing. How can viewers take it seriously when ESPN gave final editorial rights to Bonds!?!? That show has zero credibility in my eyes.
But...but....but...... I saw him crying because he can't quit because so many people are counting on him! He's a heeee-ro, a martyr even!:rolleyes:
It's worth noting I saw this on a "news" segment on SportCenter, which of course was really just one long commercial for this stupid show.

Re: Boo-ya and whatnot:
Add me to the list of guys who are driven to near insanity by the constant catch-phrases on these broadcasts. If they had any sense of humor at all, they'd make of their tongue-in-cheek poking-fun-at-ourselves commercials where they show all the personalities having conversations using nothing but their dumb-ass catch-phrases:
"hey, hey, HOWZ IT?!"
"Boo-ya!"
"bartender, I'll have a shot of jack"
"boo-ya!"
"he's running like somebody's chasing him.."
"he...could....go....all....the....way!"
"boo-ya!"
"let me dance with your date!"
"backbackbackbackbackback..."

I doubt we'll ever see that commercial though -- a little too true. Boo-ya.

boston area dtv said:

Now I heard it was the other way around, that Bonds did have editorial rights.

Doesn't matter to me, I won't watch it anyways.
I don't like or dislike Barry....

Have you ever noticed, all the ESPN originals type stuff is shown on Tuesday night..that is obviously the slowest night of thier network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)