Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As our Pub Members and Founding Supporters found out a few days ago I reported that ESPNU would be coming to Dish within 30 to 45 days.

From what I am hearing it will be on channel 141. :)

If your not a pub member yet you are missing out on some great things. Pub members should check the pub forum for some interesting news about the future of the 942. :)

yep, missing out on a lot of good things. recommend you guys check it out.

props to dish for getting this much wanted channel.

i don't think they have said yet. my guess would be top 180 to try to get more people. i feel they should but it in the 120 package.

If only I were a Pub member!

I know this is a little off-topic, but I would like to be a pub member. :) In fact, I have attempted twice to become a pub member, but have encountered technical problems with the payment process. Rather than use a PayPal account (which I have some concerns about), I would prefer to use a credit card - which is a choice provided. Unfortunately, I have been unable to make it work despite multiple re-entries; it says I have entered an invalid credit card or says I have timed out. The credit card is valid, so I don't get it. :confused:

I wonder how many others have encountered these type of problems. If this were improved you would already have my money and I would know about these early reports for pub members!! :yes

I used paypal (what's the concern?) but you have got to be doing something wrong with the CC, it doesn't just say it's wrong for no reason unless something is really messed up...

Last time scott said we'd get programming in a few weeks, it took a few days. So if ESPN U is coming in 30-45 days, look for it on channel 141 around thursday or so...=)>

I think ESPN-U at 141 is awful, they should drop those alternate channels down a space or two and put ESPN-U at 145 right after ESPN-2. I think the ESPN lineup needs shuffled completely considering there are 7 channels...Get rid of the extra alternate channel that no one needs...

140 - ESPN
141 - ESPN 2
142 - ESPNews
143 - ESPN-U
144 - ESPN Classic
145 - Open (Deportes)
146 - Open (Future consideration, Perhaps 'The Ocho" ESPN 8)
147 - ESPN Alternate

A few things to consider:
The extra alternate channels are used quite often especially during baseball and NCCA B-Ball.
They are where they are by contract (ESPN alternates need to be right next to ESPN channels.

ESPN Classic and ESPNews are in between ESPN1 and ESPN2 because Dish (and any other provider) gets a discount when they do this. ESPN WANTS ESPN3 (news) and 4 (Classic) in between the two main channels so people going from one to the other "stumble" accross these channels. So, ESPN U would take up the last remaining spot between the two "main" channels so even more people stumble accoss them.

Just an FYI the original Dish line-up had it this way:
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/pictures/Dish's%20Old%20Line-up%20(front).JPG
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/Dishlist%20archive%20Jan%201997.htm
140 ESPN
141 ESPN Alternate
142 ESPN 2
143 ESPN 2 Alternate
144 ESPNews

They changed this by the end of 1998 to take advantage of the discounts offered by ESPN.
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/Dishlist%20Archive%2012-6-98.htm
140 ESPN ESPN
142 ESNWS ESPNEWS
143 CSN Classic Sports Network
144 ESPN2 ESPN2
145 ESPNA ESPN Alternate
146 ESP2A ESPN 2 Alternate

See ya
Tony

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've posted before why I had to get rid of E* (no fault of E*'s) and what happens like a week after this happens? NFL Network is added, then comes CSTV, and now ESPN U!?!?!?!?!

Mediacom doesn't even carry ESPN Classic!

Pretty soon we're going to have nothing to complain about in terms of new channels...

...back to "where's the mpeg-4" I guess...

Purogamer said:
Pretty soon we're going to have nothing to complain about in terms of new channels...

We can still complain about YES Network. :p

In my new (sports) channel pecking order, I wanted:
1. ESPN-U
2. CSTV
3. FSW2 available to Multi-Sport subs
5. Unavailable RSNs (YES Network, Comcast-Philly)
4. NFL Network (never understood the furor over this one, no live games except for pre-season).

Now that I have my top two, the grass is definitely a bit greener. :D

Purogamer said:

Too funny. Most of my list is now completed. There is a small list of frequently requested to go:

YES
ESPN Deportes
CNN-I
BBC-World
Oxygen
LOGO

jrbdmb said:
We can still complain about YES Network. :p

In my new (sports) channel pecking order, I wanted:
1. ESPN-U
2. CSTV
3. FSW2 available to Multi-Sport subs
5. Unavailable RSNs (YES Network, Comcast-Philly)
4. NFL Network (never understood the furor over this one, no live games except for pre-season).

Now that I have my top two, the grass is definitely a bit greener. :D

You are missing MASN as an unavailable RSn----and more chance of that than CCSN_Philly

Yea.. now that ESPN-U is coming... WHERES MY MASN!!! Oh while I'm at it, WHERES MY ESPN2-HD!!

Thanks for the info Scott. I'm sure Dish is pleased hehehehe. :D

I'm glad to see they are finally adding it. Do you know how much extra it will be or if it is going to be in a package what package it will be in?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ch 9945 DVR Promo

942 Caller ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)