ESPN2HD out on Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ETS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Port Ewen, NY
Just got off the phone with DirecTV for 40 minutes+. I wrote to DirecTV on twitter last night.

Channel 209 ESPN2HD is out on the guide, the HD version is blocked out on the guide but the SD version is not. You can still watch the HD version but can't hit the record button for set a recording, unless you do it manuel.

The Operator tried to help me in every way. She had me reboot all 5 of my boxes, she sent a signal to the box, check the singal, check to make sure all the wires are on tight lol. But it was kinda funny she told me it must be that a sport is playing and blocking out the channel. I laughed and said the guide shows every single program blocked out for the next two weeks and I again explained to her that I can see the HD version but can't hit the record button. She called for help twice and the 2nd time they told her that they gotten over 1000 calls already and the IT department is trying to fix it.

I noticed it was out since about 10pm last night, DirecTV on twitter told me to reboot the box or call in. I checked DirecTV's twitter today and they don't know thier is a problem and they wrote to about 20 people telling them to reboot their boxs as well haha.

The operator in NC was very nice and kind. Great kindness from them, just wish the DirecTV computer sysystem would tell her about the problem when she started to look into it

update: As of 12pm ESPN2HD is back on the guide and you can now record the channel again. Wonder what the issue was

Last edited:
DIRECTV just tweeted that they know there is a problem and that they are working on it... Guess they worked on it. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)