Ex-wife wants Dodger divorce settlement tossed

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Talk about chutzpah,she got $131 million tax-free & several luxurious homes,& she's claiming that she was short-changed roughly $770 million. No wonder the Dodgers sucked so bad on their watch.
Ex-wife wants Dodger divorce settlement tossed
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ex-wife-wants-dodger-divorce-074307052--mlb.html

I don't know how the Dodgers will do this year,but they are a hell of a lot better no matter where they end up in the standings than they were under these morons. These buffoons make the Marlins owner look like a genius. It's a shame for him that they are out of baseball.

Wow, 770 million? They were so far in debt that she shouldn't have gotten the 131 million she did get.

I could bore all of you with statistics of children living in poverty & on food stamps. Starting on that premise,it is galling that someone who gets $131 million dollars tax free would get upset because she feels that she should get $770 million dollars more. "Cry me a river" is a severe understatement as far as my reaction is. She has surpassed the late Leona Helmsley as the most hated woman. Be thankful & happy for what you got. If you can't live off of $131 million dollars,there is something severely wrong with you. But we understand now why the Dodgers went down the crapper under their watch.

Who presently has the $770 million that she believes she is entitled to? Isn't it her husband, or perhaps her husband's creditors? I mean, it isn't going to the starving masses either way.

BTW, does California divorce law require the petitioner to give a reason for the divorce?

Last edited:
From the Bloomberg website, a month ago:

Jamie McCourt in September filed a request in California state court in Los Angeles claiming her $131 million divorce settlement, reached about eight months earlier, was based on fraud and should be set aside.

Jamie McCourt says her former husband claimed the value of his assets were less than $300 million, while the $2.15 billion sale of the Dodgers in March 2012 left him with $1.7 billion. She wants to question Cohen and Blackstone, who advised the Dodgers on the sale, to learn more about “the extent of information Frank knew about the market value of the Dodger assets and when he knew it.”

I now predict that she is going to get another hundred million dollars. Good for her! Has she found another guy yet?

Last edited:
Or has another guy found HER yet? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I had a revelation of sorts about this. I don't think that this is so much about money as it is the fact that she most likely thinks that he got one over on her. Does anybody remember a movie that Walter Matthau made back in the 60's where twice in the movie he ends up getting divorced & each time he is shown riding away from his "former place of residence" in his underwear on a Vespa scooter? I bet that that was what the ex-wife was hoping would happen to her ex,& the fact that he "got one over on her" has her totally p***ed & eaten up with rage. She seems like someone who could have cared less if she damaged the Dodgers beyond repair as long as she destroyed him too. Don't get me wrong,they are both at fault for what they almost did to the Dodgers,but I think that she has totally blown a gasket over this.

Jamie McCourt in September filed a request in California state court in Los Angeles claiming her $131 million divorce settlement, reached about eight months earlier, was based on fraud and should be set aside.

Jamie McCourt says her former husband claimed the value of his assets were less than $300 million, while the $2.15 billion sale of the Dodgers in March 2012 left him with $1.7 billion. She wants to question Cohen and Blackstone, who advised the Dodgers on the sale, to learn more about “the extent of information Frank knew about the market value of the Dodger assets and when he knew it.”
If in the divorce he listed the Dodgers as less than $300 million and then sold them for 2.15 Billion, she has a valid legal argument for fraud. As California is a communal property State and the Dodgers were aquired during their marriage. Therefore she's entitled to half the profit made on the team.

If in the divorce he listed the Dodgers as less than $300 million and then sold them for 2.15 Billion, she has a valid legal argument for fraud. As California is a communal property State and the Dodgers were aquired during their marriage. Therefore she's entitled to half the profit made on the team.

Yep. If someone screwed any of us out of a significant sum of money we'd be pissed. Why are we judging her more harshly? As for people throwing around "tax free" as if that is an unwarranted bonus, this is the division of assets, not income. The government doesn't get to tax anyone on their bank account principal balance if all that's happening is they are dividing it up.

Yep. If someone screwed any of us out of a significant sum of money we'd be pissed. Why are we judging her more harshly? As for people throwing around "tax free" as if that is an unwarranted bonus, this is the division of assets, not income. The government doesn't get to tax anyone on their bank account principal balance if all that's happening is they are dividing it up.

She was CEO of the Dodgers. Also,I have to find the article,but she stated that she had a business degree,but she didn't understand all of the financial paperwork stating the actual worth of the Dodgers. She should have hired an accountant to research all of the paperwork for her. What she should have done was wait until the sell of the Dodgers actually went through & then divide the assets. Most likely she believed that they actually did damage the Dodgers beyond repair & wanted to get what she could while she could. As I said before,most likely she is angry that her ex may have gotten one over on her instead of riding off into the sunset in just his underwear on a Vespa scooter. The idea that her ex may have "won" & not her is driving her right now.

She was CEO of the Dodgers. Also,I have to find the article,but she stated that she had a business degree,but she didn't understand all of the financial paperwork stating the actual worth of the Dodgers. She should have hired an accountant to research all of the paperwork for her. What she should have done was wait until the sell of the Dodgers actually went through & then divide the assets. Most likely she believed that they actually did damage the Dodgers beyond repair & wanted to get what she could while she could. As I said before,most likely she is angry that her ex may have gotten one over on her instead of riding off into the sunset in just his underwear on a Vespa scooter. The idea that her ex may have "won" & not her is driving her right now.

I would buy the valuation being due to an accident/mistake and not fruad as plausible if it wasn't off by so much. We're talking a difference of more than $1.8 Billion. Both sides have a responsibility to report assets and debt accurately and update the court if there is a material change. Clearly that didn't happen here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts