Excellent Dish repair experience

drummerguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Last night, I called Dish tech support because I wasn't getting 119. After a few obligatory tests, they scheduled someone to come out first thing this morning. The repair guy (David) arrived at 8:15 and within 15 minutes diagnosed a bad port on one of the LNBs. He didn't have the part with him, but he was able to find one at a shop on the other side of town. The guy over there was willing to meet him halfway to bring the part to shorten the repair time. After David got back, it took only another 15 minutes and we were back up and running.

David was extremely nice and courteous and seemed to know his stuff. I was very satisfied with the experience.

still it seems that someone doing service calls should have all the lnb's used stocked.

I thought that, too, but I guess I was more impressed with the fact that the guy at the other shop was willing to meet the guy halfway to deliver the part to shorten the repair time.

Anyway, wasn't a big deal, and still a positive experience.

Glad to see someone making a positive service report! We are always quick to complain and for the most part slow or silent to acknowledge when we have been "pleased" by the service. Notwithstanding that perhaps the common repair item should have been on the truck, I think in most cases an average tech would have simply scheduled a call-back at greater inconvenience. At least in this case the tech(s) went a bit "above and beyond" to satisfy the customer...

(PS - Money talks. Tip for good service!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)