Excellent service experience!

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
Thought I'd post a positive review of my recent service experience with Dish service (for a change).
Because of huge trees on the west side of my property I could no longer get reliable signals from my WA dish (1000.2) anymore. I thought that the only possible solution would be to have 'em install an EA (1000.4) one but because of past experience kept putting off calling. After putting it off for way longer than I should have I finally called last week. After selecting technical support I got an AMERICAN CSR and explained my situation. She asked me to hold and I was able to speak with another person, also an American and she actually understood what I was talking about. She scheduled a service call for Sunday morning between 8-12 and without my even asking told me she would waive the $99 charge for a service call. The subcontractor's tech called at 8:11 am and told me he was on his way and he was here at 8:45 am. After checking signal strengths and checking for signal for an EA dish he proceeded to install a 1000.4. He was courteous, knowledgeable and did an outstanding clean install. After he cleaned up after himself & removing my 1000.2 & 500 ( I had a wing dish for HD locals on 61.5) he took digital photos of everything for his office. I HAPPILY tipped him $20!
I thought they might require me to make a 24 month commitment but that was NOT the case!
I decided yesterday to send a positive review (bet that doesn't happen often) to the ceo address because I was so impressed. As I was in the middle of typing it the phone rang. It was Dish with a survey regarding my reinstall!!! Amazing huh? Today I got a reply from the ceo's office thanking me for my email with a name. email and phone number should I ever have any issues!
Sorry for the long post, I'm still in shock! I've been with 'em almost 12 years and NEVER experienced ANYTHING approaching this level of service.:):D:up

Ed

The subcontractor was Visionquest out of Davison, MI. and the tech's name was Jeff.

Thought I'd post a positive review of my recent service experience with Dish service (for a change).
Because of huge trees on the west side of my property I could no longer get reliable signals from my WA dish (1000.2) anymore. I thought that the only possible solution would be to have 'em install an EA (1000.4) one but because of past experience kept putting off calling. After putting it off for way longer than I should have I finally called last week. After selecting technical support I got an AMERICAN CSR and explained my situation. She asked me to hold and I was able to speak with another person, also an American and she actually understood what I was talking about. She scheduled a service call for Sunday morning between 8-12 and without my even asking told me she would waive the $99 charge for a service call. The subcontractor's tech called at 8:11 am and told me he was on his way and he was here at 8:45 am. After checking signal strengths and checking for signal for an EA dish he proceeded to install a 1000.4. He was courteous, knowledgeable and did an outstanding clean install. After he cleaned up after himself & removing my 1000.2 & 500 ( I had a wing dish for HD locals on 61.5) he took digital photos of everything for his office. I HAPPILY tipped him $20!
I thought they might require me to make a 24 month commitment but that was NOT the case!
I decided yesterday to send a positive review (bet that doesn't happen often) to the ceo address because I was so impressed. As I was in the middle of typing it the phone rang. It was Dish with a survey regarding my reinstall!!! Amazing huh? Today I got a reply from the ceo's office thanking me for my email with a name. email and phone number should I ever have any issues!
Sorry for the long post, I'm still in shock! I've been with 'em almost 12 years and NEVER experienced ANYTHING approaching this level of service.:):D:up

Ed

The subcontractor was Visionquest out of Davison, MI. and the tech's name was Jeff.

Come on... An American CSR? Who are you trying to fool here? :p

I have also called Dish support 2-3 times in the past & the experience have been smooth. I will have to call them soon since my 311 is giving some problems. Hope it stays smooth. I might even ask them for the 3 months free offer of HBO that is going on now. Dont know if it is applicable of subs in Puerto Rico

I had dish out last year for the same TREE issue. Was told then that I would be charged $29.99 for a service call. Techs moved my dish to the back side of the house and remounted it on a pole. Never did get a charge on my bill.
Wonder if i can get the same deal now that my locals are in HD in my area, but require a new dish to hit the satellite.

I had dish out last year for the same TREE issue. Was told then that I would be charged $29.99 for a service call. Techs moved my dish to the back side of the house and remounted it on a pole. Never did get a charge on my bill.
Wonder if i can get the same deal now that my locals are in HD in my area, but require a new dish to hit the satellite.

When my locals 1st went HD and I required a wing dish to get 'em on 61.5 ( I had a 1000.2) they came out & installed it--------NO CHARGE.

Good luck!

Ed

This is exactly what they have to do to get through these hard times. Too many companies took the last few years for advantage and never saw these bad times coming. Also, they now realize people check online reviews before making any purchasing decisions.

Someone called into the Dave Ramsey radio show today and said they called Dish last night to save money on their package, their only requirement was they had to have Fox Business. The customer was very happy as the CSR is now saving them $18 a month.
So maybe if anyone is having lingering problems with Dish it may b e a good to time to call.

While I dont have any scentific data, it seems over the last few months or so many have posted on good CSR experiences! Good to hear

its nice to see that dish is moving in a better direction cust serv wise. i have never had an issue with any of the csr's, american or overseas. all of them have been polite, listened, and been able to assist. even the ones who did not assist me directly, assisted me by having to call another dept to get the answer for what i needed or in one case even transferring me to a rep who was "better equipped to handle my request" as she politely said. i would much rather the csr be honest in by letting me know they have do not know but will find out for me or get me someone who does rather then giving me false information. it would be unreasonable to expect the csr to know every answer that might come their way and i have appreciated the time they took to research my questions before just opening their mouth, and even politely explain the answer, even if it was not the one i liked.

UPDATE!

Today I got a call from Dish (from the Phillipines?) telling me that they noticed I was having signal problems and wanted to take care of it. Must've taken awhile for that info to get overseas...........Anyhow, I told 'em I appreciated the call but that the problem had been rectified with the new dish & relocation of same.

Jeezuz, this is unbelievable. Next thing ya know Charlie will be showing up to make sure I'm happy. LOL ;):rolleyes::D

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)