Exchanged VIP622 -- little things

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I called last Monday and requested an exchange for my VIP622 after having to do a hard reboot every night when I watch TV. Seems that when I am watching a program and decided to record and go to another channel I would receive the black screen of death and have to do the hard reboot. Sometimes, I would just lose the picture and still have sound. Sometimes I could receive OTA channels and no satellite channels. Anyways, I received my replacement in 3 days!

I installed the new unit on Sunday and first thing I noticed is that the setup seemed to go quicker then the first unit. Also, I was setting up a record of Battlestar Galactica on UHD and noticed that by pressing the right arrow key I could extend my record time to however far out I kept pressing the button. A very cool feature that I do not remember being able to do on the old VIP622.

OTA channels were once again scanned quickly and I picked up more channels? Do not know why, I originally was able to pick up some of the new channels on the old unit but the unit would not lock into them. New unit locks well, however during rainstorm and signals in the low to mid seventies the lock faded in and out. But still, I could watch some channels that I could not before.

I tried the old lets record something and then go to another channel and sure enough the black screen of death happened -- however with a new twist! I could go back to the channel that I had decided to record and watch. Then I tried another channel and a message came up that my switch was confused? Haven't seen that one before. It gave you the choice to rerun the switch check or cancel. I tried the cancel button and voila, I was able to watch the channel I was trying to get. A weird way around the black screen of death but it worked. Was not able to do this with the first VIP622. Other than that we shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)