ExpressVu 9200 has arrived!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On Monday Afternoon it finally arrived, my brand new ExpressVu 6200 Satellite Receiver! It came packaged in a brightly covered box which has my UPS guy asking questions, he couldn't believe they made a High Defition DVR.

I set it on the ground and snapped some pictures of the box then opened it up. Packed on top was a nice TV guide size manual in english and french for the unit, two remotes were packed in the foam side, there was a bag of accessories (cables, Batteries, UHF Antenna, etc...)

I replaced my Legacy Twin LNB with a Dish Pro Plus Twin then went inside to hook the 9200 up. I unhooked my old ExpressVu 6000 and placed the 9200 in its place. I used a DishPro Seperator and hooked up both Satellite Inputs.

Plugged it in and a few moments later I was greeted by a screen asking me to push the record button on my UHF remote (The UHF remotes are shipped with Random Address Codes preset, which is a smart idea!)

After getting that all setup I had a picture! I was surprised the unit came with the latest software (v141) I then sent an email and within an hour all my channels were activated.

I am having a couple of issues with mine though and I want to see if anyone else is having these issues.

1) The program guide is only going out for about 2 hours, then most channels have NO INFORMATION listed. I would like to search for programs so I can DVR them

2) No interactive on my unit. If I go to channel 550 it acts like there is no channel there. If I press the Interactive button on my remote it does nothing.

I have not hooked it up to an OTA Antenna yet, so I can't report on how thats working.

I have hooked the 9200 up to my Slingbox as well, now I can watch ExpressVu throughout my home and at work. :)

Here are some photos I thought I would share. :)

BTW the HD on ExpressVu is GREAT!

Attachments

• bev1.jpg
    bev1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 164
  • bev2.jpg
    bev2.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 144
  • bev3.jpg
    bev3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 127
  • bev4.jpg
    bev4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 143
  • bev5.jpg
    bev5.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 184
  • bev6.jpg
    bev6.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 160
  • bev7.jpg
    bev7.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 172
  • dishfram.jpg
    dishfram.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 178
How long did you wait from the day you placed your order til it arrived?

Im still waiting on mine and i place my order last week :smug

Ok in searching around I found a very helpfull Canadian Satellite Forum http://www.digitalhomecanada.com and found out my findings are indeed true, so far the 9200 only supports a 48 hour guide, and also the Interactive features are not available yet on the 9200.

According to Drew at the site a software update is due soon which will add those features. (Also the unit does NOT have Name based Recording) But again that is coming in a software update.

so scott if 9200 doesnt have nbr yet, does their 5200 have nbr now?
that box looks really nice, i need to start saving so i can get one as well
enjoy the 9200 scott as i know you will

Scott Greczkowski said:
I think I placed my order on June 22nd (or somewhere around there)

Thanks for the info. Looks like I should expect mine around Xmas :rolleyes:

Hi,

I have had the 9200 since it came out a few months back. I love the receiver and it the best thing Echostar has made in my opinion.

Being Canadian eh ExpressVU is our only real choice for HD material as STarchoice didn't quite cut it.

I never thought I would need to record 2 shows at once but apparently I need to get alife as I almost need to do it daily. Outputting to two room sis nice as well for the kids.

Only pain is that I do not receive and guide data for the off air stuff but I still use it to record.

As for the 44 hour guide; that is all Bell has had since day one on all of their receivers. Name based recording is delayed; I assume because of the 44 hour limitation.

ITV; who cares :D

Enjoy the receiver Scott.

Kryspy

My problem is I am not even getting a 44 hour guide, on most channels I have NO INFORMATION being shown 2 hours into the future. :(

I could have got one awhile ago, however it would have come with a Dish and everything else. I waited until they had just the receiver alone.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I could have got one awhile ago, however it would have come with a Dish and everything else. I waited until they had just the receiver alone.

I got the whole package. A new dish, switch and two dual LNBF's for $40 less than the cost of the 942 alone. Quite a deal!