Expressvu Readies New Smart Cards For 6000's

DCXFORDGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Channel 620 is up and is informing all 6000 owners to be aware that over the next couple of weeks a card will be sent to them, some are all ready reporting to have to hook up a phone line for transfer to be completed. On the channel it says it can take 15mins to 2 hours for video to come back and too call the # on the screen, I don;t know how a broker will get around this?

Broadband Pic's

Attachments

• DSC00546.JPG
    DSC00546.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00547.JPG
    DSC00547.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 260
Good for Bell that they've continued to get rid of the hackers by issuing new smart cards.

I think brokers will send us the new cards. Vu cant really make you plug it into the phione line. Think of the people who
-are cell phone only (as I am here in the US)
-are in the remote areas and dont have a phone

What would they do then?

No they can't make you plug in but they can make you contact them by phone and confirm because what the video is saying is that you have to call the first # I posted to activate your programming with new card. The second # is if there are difficulties with your replacement smart card.

oh, ok...I saw the number but couldn't understand what it said (no speak French):)

We'll just have to see what happens...I dont have HD (a 3100 and no movies or sports packages) so I'll probably be bottom of the list :)

any way to tell if you already have the new cards?
do they look any different?

I think I have the new cards, because the NFL ST channel info showed "card swap complete". But as I don't have the sunday ticket, i'd prefer other verification.

Oh great, just great. Just when the new season starts, they decide to swap cards. I am going to have to call my broker and see how they plan on handling this.

M law what did your broker say because in about 2-3 weeks all HD channels will be black without new smart card and re-activation.

The new smart card is blue for the 6000's. This is almost the same type of swap that directv did with it p3 to p4 and p5 except you would get a picture wright away but with Vu you have to call. A friend of mine in toronto has lost his Hd as of wednesday and was issued a new card and was informed that a call in to a csr by special # listed above in order to re-activate.

After sitting through and watching the "card swap channel", first in french, then waiting for english to show. The new cards are indeed blue (old ones are white).

The card holding the new smart cards will have old card serial number and new card serial number under each new card. If you have multiple recievers, you'll have to ensure that the correct card goes into the correct reciever. Leave power on when removing and inserting new cards. Then call the 800 number, and the CSR will send activation code. It can take between 15 mins and 2 hours til reciever is hit.

Just make sure nothing good is on when you do this :p

I wonder what the non-800 number is for the southern provinces folks have :cool:

Charles all HD programing will be lost, black screen and you will get a nag screen until you get new card and call Vu to re-activate. I think some of the us brokers are fuc?%^ when it comes to this, yes they can provide a real or fake canadian address and a real or fake phone # but when you have to call to activate your smart card it will be a real mess. If you broker doesn't know buy now it won't be long until he is flooded with calls from us subscribers and that is when most brokers take the phone off the hook. I was speaking to a large broker in canada/manitoba for us customers and they don't know what to do at this time and this is just the start the swap is coming for the 3100 and 5900 in more great detail, it has started but very small. What they may end up doing is swaping your unit with a updated smart card already activated.

My broker now tells me, that BEV says we will not lose our HD programing, without the new smart cards. That they are REQUIRED only for NFL-ST.

So I am in limbo, until the end of the month, at which time, I expect to be throughly pissed. I suppose I could be plesantly surprised and they actually know what they are talking about. We shall soon see!

That is totally not correct, on channel 620 it tells you what bell is doing and it has nothing to do with NFL sunday ticket. It is a upgrade to there new encription delieverly system/nagra 2.

LINCSAT said:
That is totally not correct, on channel 620 it tells you what bell is doing and it has nothing to do with NFL sunday ticket. It is a upgrade to there new encription delieverly system/nagra 2.

That is totally what I expect; but what can I do about it? It appears BEV csrs are as knowledgable as Dish csrs.

My bet is, that I will suffer a week or two service interuption, while waiting for the new card. :mad:

Sorry to be so slow in responding about calling my broker, this job is killing me. Called today but did not get to talk to anyone who was familiar with the system. I then e-mailed and got a response back. They basically said that they have not received the new card so far, but will send it to me when it comes. Only thing I am worried about is whether or not ExpressVu will expect the unit to be plugged in or expect me to call to activate. Going to be hard to get around the plug in, but there is bound to be a way to get around having to call. Guess I can always ask the broker to call and conference me on, then I can speak to the CSR and show a Canadian number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)