Extended my 625 TV2 by a LONG ways.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I got tired of dismal performance of my 625 TV2 remote.... I bought one of those ebay HDTV antennas and put on my receiver. Now my remote works from across the house, across the yard, and down my driveway....

Just an idea for those with garbage UHF remote range.

I got tired of dismal performance of my 625 TV2 remote.... I bought one of those ebay HDTV antennas and put on my receiver. Now my remote works from across the house, across the yard, and down my driveway....

Just an idea for those with garbage UHF remote range.

I just fished another coax down the wall and put the little antenna in the attic that came with it. Works great. Even worked all the way on the other side of the house outside where my dishes are. Jumped my modulated output of TV1 & TV2 to a spare cable I had running outside and tweaked the dish using the remote. I could have diplexed it but I had tons of coax... have 4 coax's going to my 722 (SAT in, OTA in, TV1&TV2 out, and UHF remote antenna).

I paid $4 for the antenna and it's completely hidden.... I already use my coax to wedge in OTA TV, so without running another coax I couldn't do the antenna move with the little antenna.

An old set of Rabbit Ears with a UHF loop would work too.

Could a person get even better range in a certain direction with some sort of directional antenna? Someone gave me a flat panel HDTV antenna for OTA earlier this year because it would not bring in any channels for him (he lives out in the country like I do) although it did bring in a few analog stations before they shut those off. I know that certain antennas are made to work with a specific frequency.

Yes, a directional will likely better pull in a distant station.

Flat panel antennas are really for areas with great reception. They're not that good.

When I said that one may get better range with a directional antenna I meant a better remote signal range, not tv range, in the first sentence I wrote.

Yes your panel antenna will work as well as any set of rabbit ears with a uhf loop.
An uhf boosting amp will also work. Although if you have to resort to that kind of drastic measures there is probably some thing wrong.

I have yet to have a time when the splitter solution did not work the best. I had a TV2 in a seperate building almost 700' apart, it worked great.
How in the world did you get a setup like that to work? I don't get any fancy boosters or the sort so if you don't mind can you give me a general idea? Thanks:up I tried diplexing to tv2 once with all new coax and 150' was too far even for a cable signal...

I also have a wire run which is around 150 to 200 foot long and it also has issues working unless I put the remote up to the UHF antenna. I think it might have something to do with the diplexors/splitters on the line and if you have other tv's splitting off the line. A dedicated line probably works the best.

Wow 750 feet? I didn't think it would work that far away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts