External Drive Not Moving all shows

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Been having a problem where I'll select say 5-6 shows to move to the external drive. Only 3-4 will move then the receiver goes into a sleep funk. I have to hit the remote like 2-3 times to get it to come on and it acts very slow like a computer when the cpu is 100%. I reboot to recover and then I'm good receiver wise but it does the same thing when I try and transfer shows.

Any thoughts? Wish Dish replace a receiver because of this problem? I assume since they are charging for external storage they support it?

When you say 5 or 6 shows how much data is there? Are they HD shows an hour or more? Don't forget the transfer is via the USB port and even USB 2.0 is not the fastest link around. How well does the transfer go if you only select one at a time? And, yes, the receiver motherboard can get bogged down during transfer. After all it is a receiver and not a high performance gaming machine.

It seems to work with one at a time, but anything else it fails. Yes all shows were HD but in the past I've picked 10+ shows to move and over time it moves them.

Sounds like receiver issues. I've moved big blocks of shows with no problems - can still use DVR, etc. while moving & has never locked up. I'd at least talk to E* about the problem.

This sounds like a problem I had on my 722, and after many tries and call to Dish Tech Support I found one program file that was corrupted. The transfer would hang up on the same file/program each time and freeze the system up.

Try watching all the programs that didn't transfer and if you have a corrupt file you won't be able to watch it. Once you delete this file/program you should be able to transfer all the remaining files.

Hope this helps!

No PPV and all files are tv shows in HD that are playable. I would think if it was a bad file it wouldn't transfer one at a time.

My fear with getting a new receiver is tenfold. First being getting my shows off and on second being getting a receiver worse off then what I have. When I had a 622 that failed, they sent 5 622 and every single one was inoperable. Finally they sent me this 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)