Extra Innings FRUSTRATION

Daniel Bain

Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Phoenix
I’m an extra innings subscriber. I’m also a subscriber to the multi sport pack so we can watch oakland a’s post game shows, but we’re frustrated. As soon as the post game show starts then extra innings cuts out, but the post game show isn’t watchable until 3 hours after the start of the game. On the guide the game was listed from 7-10pm but the game ended about 940. Extra innings cut off and NBC Sports California didn’t start working until exactly 10pm. We missed a good chunk of the post game show. Is there any ways around this????

I’m an extra innings subscriber. I’m also a subscriber to the multi sport pack so we can watch oakland a’s post game shows, but we’re frustrated. As soon as the post game show starts then extra innings cuts out, but the post game show isn’t watchable until 3 hours after the start of the game. On the guide the game was listed from 7-10pm but the game ended about 940. Extra innings cut off and NBC Sports California didn’t start working until exactly 10pm. We missed a good chunk of the post game show. Is there any ways around this????

I get my team via RSN but I like seeing other games of interest to me. DISH allots a time period for the game and blacks out that time period it does not matter if the game goes shorter, and importantly longer. For years I have used that scenario to watch games I am interested in that go past the allotted time. And then can watch the post game show after. And that happens often, and of course if extra innings all the better. Between that and games on MLBN, Fox Sports, and a few on the Superstations and TBS I get my fill of baseball and I don't need to subscribe to the MLB package,

If the game goes shorter the post game will blacked out till the time period (three hours) is over.

When I had DirecTV, if you subscribed to EI they would seamlessly add the games to all the RSN's. So, if you also subscribed to the out of region RSN package, you could watch the pre-game show, the game and then the post game show all on one channel. Why Dish dosen't do that is beyond me.

When I had DirecTV, if you subscribed to EI they would seamlessly add the games to all the RSN's. So, if you also subscribed to the out of region RSN package, you could watch the pre-game show, the game and then the post game show all on one channel. Why Dish dosen't do that is beyond me.
When it comes to sports, the general consensus is that isn't Dish's main priority. I like my local teams, and tend to be a highlight person with out of market teams...unless it's the playoffs. So, Dish is fine for me. But, when people have asked me about choosing satellite, I first ask if they are big into sports. When they say yes, I advise them to look at Directv.

Reactions: Pere845
When it comes to sports, the general consensus is that isn't Dish's main priority. I like my local teams, and tend to be a highlight person with out of market teams...unless it's the playoffs. So, Dish is fine for me. But, when people have asked me about choosing satellite, I first ask if they are big into sports. When they say yes, I advise them to look at Directv.

Absolutely true. That said, adding the game to the RSN's if you sub to EI should be a 'no brainer'. If they did, not only would I sub to EI, I would also subscribe the out of town RSN pack during the baseball season. And if they did that with Center Ice, I would buy CI and the RSN pack year 'round. And I'll bet I'm not alone.

Nothing like leaving money on the table. :)

Absolutely true. That said, adding the game to the RSN's if you sub to EI should be a 'no brainer'. If they did, not only would I sub to EI, I would also subscribe the out of town RSN pack during the baseball season. And if they did that with Center Ice, I would buy CI and the RSN pack year 'round. And I'll bet I'm not alone.

Nothing like leaving money on the table. :)
I don't argue against that at all. I just know that isn't up there on Dish's priority list.

Reactions: Pere845
And yet they have more College Sports. Easier and not expensive access to Red Zone. Easy way to catch end of Pro games and/or extra innings of games.

They are missing a few RSN's but who would get DISH if their RSN was important and DISH does not carry it? If you do that's your issue not DISH. As I mentioned I have any number of ways to catch either whole out of market games or the end of them, and nearly all of the Pre and Post shows. I get all the NFL games I am supposed to. I'm not following that DISH is so behind or even treating Sports as an after thought. You could say that at one time earlier...

Reactions: satjay and Bobby
This is the one thing keeping me with D* Sports! Now earlier this year I said if I switched back to Dish I would stream NBA MLB and NHL but after trying sports streaming at my uncle's house, it has a long way to go to play ball with cable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like dish is going to invest in anymore sports.

This is the one thing keeping me with D* Sports! Now earlier this year I said if I switched back to Dish I would stream NBA MLB and NHL but after trying sports streaming at my uncle's house, it has a long way to go to play ball with cable. Unfortunately it doesn't look like dish is going to invest in anymore sports.

? Very confused. You tried streaming sports with DISH or cable at your uncle's house? Because streaming sports from my Daughter's Hopper\Dish Anywhere works exceedingly well.
Also what sports do you want DISH to "invest in" aside from the few RSN's? (Which as I have said why would consider getting DISH if you must have your RSN and DISH does not have it)

Last edited:
What was the problem with streaming MLB and NHL, I stream both on a measly 10/1 DSL connection using my Roku and they both work well.

Subscribe to Center Ice on Dish for $125 and it brings along the NHL.TV sub for less than the stand alone price.

? Very confused. You tried streaming sports with DISH or cable at your uncle's house? Because streaming sports from my Daughter's Hopper\Dish Anywhere works exceedingly well.
Also what sports do you want DISH to "invest in" aside from the few RSN's? (Which as I have said why would consider getting DISH if you must have your RSN and DISH does not have it)
UFC Fight pass we watched the UFC and it was buffer galore and don't get me started with DirecTV now. As for dish adding RSN's I would like to see att southwest, FSN Oklahoma, and spectrum sports LA.

What was the problem with streaming MLB and NHL, I stream both on a measly 10/1 DSL connection using my Roku and they both work well.

Subscribe to Center Ice on Dish for $125 and it brings along the NHL.TV sub for less than the stand alone price.
As long as center ice isn't watered down like EI then yes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)