Extra Innings Observation/Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rolling Joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Spokane, WA
So, I'm sitting here watching the Phillies play the Mets at home and I'm wondering why Dish chooses to provide the SNY feed of the game rather than the Comcast/NBC Philly feed. MLB provides both, don't they? When I had IE on DTV a few years ago, I could routinely watch the home feed, especially when the Phillies were playing at home.

Does Charlie have a bigger bug up his rear with Comcast as opposed to the owners of SNY? I know about Comcast's pathological objection to satellite carriage of NBC Sports Philly so maybe that's the reason. Anyway, just wondering.

Well, you can knock me over with a feather. Not long after I posted the above, low and behold, a Phillies game from NBC Philly showed up. Then another and another and another. So many it's actually beginning to turn into a mini flood! Even a few like tonight's game along side the other team's feed.

Thanks Dish! Good on you...and keep it up!

Reactions: Tampa8
I'm just curious; why would anybody pay Dish for EI when it's so much more expensive than buying it directly from MLB.tv? (Unless you don't have access to broadband in which case I completely understand)

I'm just curious; why would anybody pay Dish for EI when it's so much more expensive than buying it directly from MLB.tv? (Unless you don't have access to broadband in which case I completely understand)

I have wireless ISP broadband at 25mb days and 1.5 to 6 or so at night (5pm to about midnight) when everyone comes home from work and tries to watch Netflix and Amazon. I'll pass on the buffering and resolution jumping between HD and sub VHS quality. IE on Dish beats that hands down.

Reactions: JSheridan
I have wireless ISP broadband at 25mb days and 1.5 to 6 or so at night (5pm to about midnight) when everyone comes home from work and tries to watch Netflix and Amazon. I'll pass on the buffering and resolution jumping between HD and sub VHS quality. IE on Dish beats that hands down.

Makes complete sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)