Extra OWNED hopper 2

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
Quick question.....If your hopper 3 was to break they could not put a hopper 2 on your account until the hopper 3 was to be replaced correct? So I might as well sell it on ebay when they install the hopper 3 correct? Or give it away?

Quick question.....If your hopper 3 was to break they could not put a hopper 2 on your account until the hopper 3 was to be replaced correct? So I might as well sell it on ebay when they install the hopper 3 correct? Or give it away?

Seems that way unless some day in the future they allow it to be activated on the same account.

To clarify, are you talking about a hypothetical situation where a leased Hopper 3 breaks and you temporarily replace it with your owned Hopper 2 until you receive the Hopper 3's replacement? Not the Hopper 3 and the Hopper 2 at the same time. Might be more trouble than it's worth to reactivate/deactivate the Hopper 2 temporarily.

To clarify, are you talking about a hypothetical situation where a leased Hopper 3 breaks and you temporarily replace it with your owned Hopper 2 until you receive the Hopper 3's replacement? Not the Hopper 3 and the Hopper 2 at the same time. Might be more trouble than it's worth to reactivate/deactivate the Hopper 2 temporarily.
I would be in lots of trouble if there was no TV while waiting for H3 replacement.

Reactions: donebu
Reactivation/deactivation of an owned receiver is something RVers regularly do, but I don't have any experience with it. I have experienced a wait for a VIP722 replacement. :(

If you are leasing the Hopper 3 you can't deactivate it in order to activate the other Hopper. Basically the other Hoppers is of little use to you.

If you are leasing the Hopper 3 you can't deactivate it in order to activate the other Hopper. Basically the other Hoppers is of little use to you.
If one activates a "new" account with owned equipment and cancels a week later, what fees are involved? Are there any minimums other than the prorated service. Are the receiver/dvr fees prorated?

I am just going to keep one of my H2 active on a second account with the welcome pack. That will allow me to keep PTA active for the needed backup recordings.

I am just going to keep one of my H2 active on a second account with the welcome pack. That will allow me to keep PTA active for the needed backup recordings.
How does that second account work for a same address location? Is there any price breaks? Are you running with a second dish for the second account? Can all four of your Hoppers see each other?

When upgrade to the H3 I will need to have a new dish installed for it. My current equipment will remain on the current dish/DPP44s.
For the second account all that should need to be done is add a 1/2 tot the service address and use the same real address as the billing address.

When upgrade to the H3 I will need to have a new dish installed for it. My current equipment will remain on the current dish/DPP44s.
For the second account all that should need to be done is add a 1/2 tot the service address and use the same real address as the billing address.
Well, sounds like a good plan you have. A year is a long time to wait for the new DPH42 switch. I may have to install a wing dish too for a Hopper 3.

If one activates a "new" account with owned equipment and cancels a week later, what fees are involved? Are there any minimums other than the prorated service. Are the receiver/dvr fees prorated?

If you sign up as a new customer and sign a contract you would have to pay whatever cancellation fee detailed in the contract. I'm not sure what it currently is but I though it was like $20 for every month left on the contract or a maximum of $480. The equipment would need to be returned in 30 days. The price of programming should be pro rated.

If you sign up as a new customer and sign a contract you would have to pay whatever cancellation fee detailed in the contract. I'm not sure what it currently is but I though it was like $20 for every month left on the contract or a maximum of $480. The equipment would need to be returned in 30 days. The price of programming should be pro rated.
There is no commitment dor owned equipment. Could you activate, cancel a week later, and only owe a weeks worth of prgramming and fees, or is there some other minimum that would kick in?

There is no commitment dor owned equipment. Could you activate, cancel a week later, and only owe a weeks worth of prgramming and fees, or is there some other minimum that would kick in?

If you own the equipment and did not sign a contract then you can cancel any time you want. I'm not 100% sure one how they handle the program billing though. I would assume it's still prorated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts