Fall 2022 Sun Outage Predictions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
I found this and have not even thought about this for many years! Does this effect Dish birds or when they moved them years ago it limited its effect?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I just thought of all of Dish birds are about to age out which would mean a big commitment to replace them or go 100% streaming? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-04 234503.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-04 234503.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 104
I think they will continue to use the remaining working satellites to keep their sat service going. DISH has some spare satellites up there and will move the satellites into what ever orbit they need to, in order to keep broadcasting at their eastern arc and western arc sites. But eventually they will end up with no satellite customers by the end of the decade or sooner due to churn and then they have no choice but to go streaming or go under. Maybe they take Sling tv and put all their DISH satellite best features into it and upgrade their black and white guide to be more like DISH has now.

The sun outage phenomenon happens to ALL satellites in stationary orbit and can effect those in elliptical orbit too. Twice a year no matter where you are (except in the higher and lower latitudes where the sun does not eclipse the satellite) the precession of earth's poles causes the sun to come directly behind the satelllite in relation to your lnb for a few minutes daily for a couple of days in February and March and again in September and October. The enormous rf static generated by the sun on all frequencies drowns out the meager signal from the satellite for a short period of time then the sun passes on and signal returns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)