FCC Chief Pushes TV Via High-Speed Internet Lines (Reuters)

nah. i think there will be a lot of companies gearing up to run fiber optic lines directly to your house. It may even become a public utility. I took a tour of Sprint HQ one time when I was in high school and their big thing was fiber optics providing everything from your phone to your catv.

Of course new development areas would get it first and old houses would need some type of converter box.

I don't think it will be satellite that gives use amazing wireless technologies like this. I think well start to see something like WiFI. The newest technology can be used to send signals from your HDTV receiver to your plasma TV. That means no new wiring!

Looks like fiber is the next big thing beyond telephone and cable, its the internet. I wonder what comes after that? Maybe something we have not even thought of yet.

Once we all have direct fiber-optic Internet and television through Internet services coming directly into our homes, I hope that they implement direct neural interfaces to said fiber-optic services next. Real progress in this world will be made when we all share a hive mind. ;)

Bill T.

IMHO, if they do fiber to the curb/house maybe, but I'm seeing where the telco's want to use ADSL2+ for the delivery of TV. That might be OK for watching on channel at a time but with multiple sets using multiple channel it ain't going to happen.