FCC Will Investigate Unlocked Cell Phone Ban Though The Problem May Fall Outside FCC Jurisdiction

I don't have much to say beyond this:

Once a subsidized cell phone has been in service two years (the contract period), automatic unlocking should be the norm!
Shouldnt have to pay, request, nor beg.
The contract has been fulfilled by the consumer; let the carrier now do the same.

I don't have much to say beyond this:

Once a subsidized cell phone has been in service two years (the contract period), automatic unlocking should be the norm!
Shouldnt have to pay, request, nor beg.
The contract has been fulfilled by the consumer; let the carrier now do the same.
IMO onstar should not be allowed to hold the cellular system in our vehicles hostage either.

The FCC themselves admitted they don't think phone unlocking fails under their jurisdiction.

At the issue itself, i think locking a phone down should be illegal. Unlocked should be the standard. To have unlocking be illegal is insane to me.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

The problem is that there that the DMCA law that says you cannot tamper with the programming protection that locks the phone to the carrier. The Librarian of Congress was granted the power to review certain aspects and rule them to be exempt from the DCMA law. The FCC probably does not have the power to do anything about it. Congress will have to change the law or the Librarian would have to review the exception. Of course I suspect if Congress went in to fix it, it could end up even worse.

Samsung launches Note 8

Asus FonePad 7" / FonePad infinity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)