Fellini's Roma - complaint...

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Dear Voom,
It was great to see Fellini's Roma screening tonight on WorldCinema 102. But very disappointing to see a version with English overdubbed soundtrack AND English subtitles. :down Worse than that -- the overdubbed soundtrack and subtitles did not match most of the time! :river :no

Please run foreign films in their original language soundtrack, but with English subtitles. :eureka The original dialog conveys the original emotion, while the subtitles convey the meaning.

Thanks! :bow

I agree. One of the most compelling movies I ever saw was the original version of Beauty and the Beast with the native language and English subtitles. You are correct that the original dialogue really adds to the emotion.

I would prefer them to run with multiple sound tracks. The STB has an audio language choice option. Please let us use it.

Impatient said:
I would prefer them to run with multiple sound tracks. The STB has an audio language choice option. Please let us use it.

I prefer to hear the original, especially when it comes ot Italian but I agree: since there's an option to get all of them, buil-in already in the box, leave the decision for us - this way everybody will be happy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)