Status
Please reply by conversation.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I TOLD you, HARD HEAD, to come SEE it! :D

One day... ;) The new girl doesn't run the road 24/7, so I don't get out that way that often.

I really need to get my 90cm back up and in the ground before I think about a receiver eh?

Still debating on where to put the sucker up... think I'll have to attach it to the concrete slab and once I do it, I'm done. Need to rig up a bucket with concrete first to test a few places. I believe the one place I have will get from about 135 to 72 or so. Unless I put in the front yard...but I'm not doing that ;)

One day... ;) The new girl doesn't run the road 24/7, so I don't get out that way that often.

I really need to get my 90cm back up and in the ground before I think about a receiver eh?

Still debating on where to put the sucker up... think I'll have to attach it to the concrete slab and once I do it, I'm done. Need to rig up a bucket with concrete first to test a few places. I believe the one place I have will get from about 135 to 72 or so. Unless I put in the front yard...but I'm not doing that ;)

gripe, gripe, gripe, blab, blab,blab...excuses....excuses..... ;):)

(he knows my door is open anytime.)

gripe, gripe, gripe, blab, blab,blab...excuses....excuses..... ;):)

(he knows my door is open anytime.)

Maybe I'll just entice you with some cash to bring your box over and help me setup the 90cm ;) I'm sure your coonass self could figure out some way to mount that sucker on my slab.

Maybe I'll just entice you with some cash to bring your box over and help me setup the 90cm ;) I'm sure your coonass self could figure out some way to mount that sucker on my slab.

Slab? Why? you don't have a YARD? What kinda woman did you marry, anyway?:D:D:D:D:D

And if you needed a dish, you shoulda let me know. I have options readily available. And as far as help, yeah. I can do that. Azbox ain't worth a damn for setting up a dish, but one of my Coolsats would do nicely.

Last edited:
Slab? Why? you don't have a YARD? What kinda woman did you marry, anyway?:D:D:D:D:D

LOL... who said anything about marrying? :D:D

Of course I don't have yard...all of us in Louisiana have elevated houses on the swamp right? and take pirogues to the store by the lake, right?

Yes, I have a yard. There's a slab on the back side of the house where I have my Dish1000 mounted on the house. It's like 12 by 15 or so. The parked his boat on it behind the wooden fence in the back yard. I'll PM you my address and you can look on DishPointer. I'll take a few pics and start a new thread to maybe get some suggestions from you guys.

One other thought I had was attaching it to the house. But I don't have the stabilizers or mounting kit from the 90cm anymore as I kinda used them for other projects since I had it pole mounted in the yard at the last house.

LOL... who said anything about marrying? :D:D

Of course I don't have yard...all of us in Louisiana have elevated houses on the swamp right? and take pirogues to the store by the lake, right?

Yes, I have a yard. There's a slab on the back side of the house where I have my Dish1000 mounted on the house. It's like 12 by 15 or so. The parked his boat on it behind the wooden fence in the back yard. I'll PM you my address and you can look on DishPointer. I'll take a few pics and start a new thread to maybe get some suggestions from you guys.

One other thought I had was attaching it to the house. But I don't have the stabilizers or mounting kit from the 90cm anymore as I kinda used them for other projects since I had it pole mounted in the yard at the last house.

Go to home depot, or even better a local fencing supplier, get a 8 to10 feet length of the thickest wall 2.75" or 3" pipe you can get, a post hole digger, and a sack of quickcrete. Dig hole, mix concrete, put pipe in hole, put concrete in hole, level and brace pipe, drink beer, the end.

Wait three days, mount dish, call me to come inspect it. :)

Now what was so hard about that? :D

Go to home depot, or even better a local fencing supplier, get a 8 to10 feet length of the thickest wall 2.75" or 3" pipe you can get, a post hole digger, and a sack of quickcrete. Dig hole, mix concrete, put pipe in hole, put concrete in hole, level and brace pipe, drink beer, the end.

Wait three days, mount dish, call me to come inspect it. :)

Now what was so hard about that? :D

Smarty pants... I sunk my last pole with no issues. I could put it in the yard but the tree in the neighbors yard is gonna get me on anything less than 80w degrees or so.

I think the "drink beer" should be earlier in the sequence, but basically , that's the story !
:)

Obviously you have never worked with Digiblur. You let him drink AFTER or you'll never get anything done....:D;)

Smarty pants... I sunk my last pole with no issues. I could put it in the yard but the tree in the neighbors yard is gonna get me on anything less than 80w degrees or so.

I noticed from the link you sent. I don't see a way around that, what did you have in mind? I mean obviously other than me bringing the Stihl over and my wife and your GF going over and distracting the neighbor for about an hour....:eek::cool:

Obviously you have never worked with Digiblur. You let him drink AFTER or you'll never get anything done....:D;)

I noticed from the link you sent. I don't see a way around that, what did you have in mind? I mean obviously other than me bringing the Stihl over and my wife and your GF going over and distracting the neighbor for about an hour....:eek::cool:

Beer? Give me the Red bull and vodka! ;) I've got a few ideas and few friends who weld for a living that could build me something to attach it to the slab with some anchors. I'll see if I can get some pics up and a site survey with a compass during the 4 day weekend.

How about one of those plastic kiddie pools and a bunch of concrete with a pole set in it? True coonass way!

Beer? Give me the Red bull and vodka! ;) I've got a few ideas and few friends who weld for a living that could build me something to attach it to the slab with some anchors. I'll see if I can get some pics up and a site survey with a compass during the 4 day weekend.

How about one of those plastic kiddie pools and a bunch of concrete with a pole set in it? True coonass way!

You planning on pouring concrete for a week? A pool is a LOT of concrete.

I know you know already, but the pole will have to be VERY level ALL the time to track with a motor. By the time you do all that fabricating, you could have sunk a pole and been done with it. You don't have to use 12 yards of concrete, either. Another trick is to level the concrete BELOW ground level about 6 inches, so if you decide to move you cut it below ground level and cover it up with dirt. DONE! :D

You planning on pouring concrete for a week? A pool is a LOT of concrete.

I know you know already, but the pole will have to be VERY level ALL the time to track with a motor. By the time you do all that fabricating, you could have sunk a pole and been done with it. You don't have to use 12 yards of concrete, either. Another trick is to level the concrete BELOW ground level about 6 inches, so if you decide to move you cut it below ground level and cover it up with dirt. DONE! :D

Split the threads since we weren't talking about the Azbox anymore.

Yeah, I was just picking on the concrete in the pool. I've got some buckets the old home owner left around, so I'll probably rig up the pole in a bucket for surveying with. There is a spot next to the slab that I could put the dish but of course it will knock me out of anything less than about 80w I believe. Plus that's right next to the electrical meter and cable line coming into the house.

Probably the easiest thing to do is see if I can order the struts, bent pipe, and foot plate from Sadoun, to mount this sucker on the wall. There's no overhang on that side of the house and it isn't brick on that wall. So I should be able to tag into a few studs with a stud finder. Only worry I have with that is since 91w is around 54 degrees elevation or so, will it hit the house? Will the motor attached to the pipe bring it out enough?

Status
Please reply by conversation.