finally had a positive experience with dish

iliketj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
down under
i haven't been happy with dish at all lately, especially their guide giving me the wrong info. i was paying about $99 a month. I had the 250 teir but National geographic has been nothing but garbage lately (I can't stand the dog whisper) so i down graded to the 200 teir. i also got rid of the hd platninum (10 bucks a month for garbage, although fitness beauties or whatever the hell that show was caught my fancy for a few seconds). I also got rid of hbo (more garbage i never watch). the csr did give me hbo and showtime free for three months.

so at the end of it all i went from basically $100 to $64. the csr was competent (american) and easy to deal with.

Their guide is not their guide. It comes from Tribune Media, same as Directv. The rest was YOU choosing to get rid of the fat, with a bonus.
So, KUDOS for that.

are you sure both use the same company? Reason I ask is when there is a last minute change of a sporting even (game gets rained out and played the next day or a NASCAR race rescheduled) Directv usually gets the guide updated but on Dish it doesn't. I've seen this on both E* and on a DTVPAL DVR

i haven't been happy with dish at all lately, especially their guide giving me the wrong info. i was paying about $99 a month. I had the 250 teir but National geographic has been nothing but garbage lately (I can't stand the dog whisper) so i down graded to the 200 teir. i also got rid of the hd platninum (10 bucks a month for garbage, although fitness beauties or whatever the hell that show was caught my fancy for a few seconds). I also got rid of hbo (more garbage i never watch). the csr did give me hbo and showtime free for three months.

so at the end of it all i went from basically $100 to $64. the csr was competent (american) and easy to deal with.

Good move - think I'll try that :)

I had one today too! I called them to tell them I wanted to cancel, and canceled!!!

TurboHD, the biggest bait and switch in the history of television!!!!!

I just read that article and I notice it had TiVo using the same guide too. When I had my TiVo I never had problems with the guide. I wonder if each company uses their own software to present the guide info to their subscribers, thus causing the differences in the guides???

Ghpr13:confused:

I wonder that too. Like I say I've seen examples in the last couple months where a game gets postponed and the D* guide updated but the E* or DTVPal DVR didnt...yeah I know the DTVPal DVR is an E* product ;)

My D* guide isnt slow... :)

and I did get a e-mail from someone who explained how that works. When there is a update like that it manually has to be changed in the system if its like next day or something. If its a few days away the normal update would fix that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)