Firefox v3.0a4pre (aka Minefield aka Grand Paradiso)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
If anyone is interested, I have the soon to be released upgrade to Firefox; in its pre-release Alpha stage.

Firefox v3.0a4 for Win32 "aka Minefield aka Grand Paradiso"

So far it is great and very stable; all I had to do to this point is to reinstall the flash player plugin and change the config to NOT check compatibility for any currently loaded theme or helper; like Ad-Block. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and have not noticed any issues. Some websites are not "too smart" (Yahoo) and claim you to be using an outdated version, but just precede as normal; its all fine. Even my banking and CC sites worked perfectly.

Anyone already using Firefox will be very familiar with these, but I have a tiny text file explaining. Also, if you do get this, from me or online elsewhere, use the custom install mode; DO NOT overwrite your current Firefox installation.

The total file and text is 6.11MB so I can not post it here unless I can maybe send it to Scott for him to check out and post it himself. With the many pitfalls of the online world, being able to get exactly what you think you are getting and ONLY what you want safely, from a verified and reliable source would be nice. I can also send it via Pando if you have that.

Last edited:
I am a glutton for punishment so i will probably try it. Heck if I can't watch baseball i might as well waste time on computer stuff.

well one casualty is the search function. It no longer works for me

sorry to hear, works for me just fine

hmmmm I wonder what the problem might be. It has happened to em on two different PCs now. I am assuming that it may be a problem with an extension or possibly even a theme. I may try to run it wit a new profile---though I will ahve to try to remember how to do that.

Addendum

It was my theme. When i switch to the new default it works. Other themes do not seem to support it.

Last edited:
I found a link to the Pre Alpha 4----and other releases. As the name implies these are "trunk releases" There are always differences among the official, branch and trunk releases.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

FWIW the Aplha3 is referred to as "Gran Paradiso" and the pre aplha releases use the "Minefield" designation. THe Minefield release seems to be able to hanlde other themes better----but for all i know it will have other issues. I have to admit that I am leery of using a pre alpha code named "Minefield".

well now it works on my desktop nut not the laptop. Go figure.

I may have to. Now the whole left side of the navigation toolbar is greyed out. Like I said when you play with alphas you sometimes get burned.

Took auto updates to the pre-release yesterday, finally got around to restarting the app this AM and POW, tons of issues. Especially with java sites.

I run both side by side, so no issues.

No I use Gradient Gray 1.4

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 133
No I use Gradient Gray 1.4

It does not work for me in that theme. There is a thread over on the Mozilla forums about ths. Most posters chastised the OP for calling it a bug of the new versions of firefox. One guy was nice enough to provide a link to a possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)