First customer Dish1000?

rnesky said:
Remember that the 3to4 switch used on superdish is not compatable with dish pro plus and will not work! You could use two dual tuner receivers to get 4 outputs but if you don't have that you will need a 4 to 4 DPP switch

That's why I stated the installer could swap out the DPPtwin with a normal DPTwin with relatively no hassle, and use a DP34 to tie in 3 or more single tuners. DP21's for one or two single tuners. You wouldn't be using DishPro Plus for those applications, but you would need the one dish for 3 sats.

currently, I have HD and international and AT60 via a superdish (or 500, not sure) with 4 receivers. I would like to get VOOM and CBS-HD without adding a second dish and this dish1000 sounds like it would give me all that (and a bag of chips too).
how much is the dish1000? do I just call dish and let them know that I want it so I can have my VOOM and CBS-HD too?

If you have dual tuner receivers then you can put the signal splitter at the receiver to split the one wire into two going to both inputs. This will only work with dual tuner receivers.

bhchan said:
currently, I have HD and international and AT60 via a superdish (or 500, not sure) with 4 receivers. I would like to get VOOM and CBS-HD without adding a second dish and this dish1000 sounds like it would give me all that (and a bag of chips too).
how much is the dish1000? do I just call dish and let them know that I want it so I can have my VOOM and CBS-HD too?

It sounds like you have a superdish. Currently there are no plans to mirror any of the international packages to dish1000. From what I have seen on the Dish retailer website, customers wanting international channels AND american programming will have 2 dishes, which ones depends where you live and exactly which channels you want. Currently CBS-HD is only on 61.5, and Dish has not said if they will mirror it to 129 (although it would seem likely)

So for folks with just two receivers like the 811 and 301 will the 1000 work with those? Plus again this is going to all change when the new MPEG4 stuff comes out.

How is this all going to change with MPEG4? Those receivers will still have exactly one RF input per tuner. They will all surely be DishPro capable or DishPro+ capable.

JPointerWI said:
It sounds like you have a superdish. Currently there are no plans to mirror any of the international packages to dish1000. From what I have seen on the Dish retailer website, customers wanting international channels AND american programming will have 2 dishes, which ones depends where you live and exactly which channels you want. Currently CBS-HD is only on 61.5, and Dish has not said if they will mirror it to 129 (although it would seem likely)

Thanks. I'm in California, so 61.5 is a bit tougher to get.
Guess I'll just have to be patient and wait to see which goes where in the future satellite shuffle.

A DP+ Twin will not work with a DP34. You will need a DP Twin and run 2 cables to the DP34. If you want a 3rd satellite (wing), you'll need a DP Dual or DP single and run a 3rd cable to the DP34.

Wing? We're talking about the D1000 here. The 3rd LNB is on the dish itself.

So, to use a D1000 with a DP34, I'd need to replace the DP+Twin with a DPTwin?

(I'm thinking of swapping the D500 at work for a D1000 to receive more local stations. A 2nd dish for 148 is not an option.)

"So, to use a D1000 with a DP34, I'd need to replace the DP+Twin with a DPTwin?"

Correct. I should have said "if you want 129 or a wing", I just read your last post.

GaryPen said:
Unfortunately, that's no good. I can't run a third cable from the roof to the switches. It woulda been perfect if I coulda just replaced the D500 with a D1000, using the same cables and DP34 switches.

I blame Charlie.

It has nothing to do with Charlie and everything to do with the way a DP Switch works. The DP34 Line Locks the DP Twin or DP+Twin so that port 1 is 119 and port 2 is 110. There just isn't enough bandwidth to run all 3 location on 2 wires with the design of the DP system. Technically, you should be able to use a DP+Twin with either a DP34 or a DP+44 so long as you are NOT trying to use a DP+ Seperator. I have seen a case where an installer ran all 3 lines from the DP+Twin to a DP34, and then used a DP+Seperator and the DP34 was not even seen(the guy was an idiot). When using a DP+Twin with another DP Switch, DP21/DP34/DP+44, the Sat in port on the DP+Twin will be disabled.

Larry, I used to think a DPP-Twin would work with a DP34 (but never tried it).

However, the book says it will NOT work. I don't see why, but, as Gary says, this is Charlieville we're talking about. :)

As in, "Will the 721 that supports DPP44/DPPSep ever support DPP-Twin/DPPSep?"

Larry and Simon - I was kidding about Charlie. Of course he has nothing to do with it. I thought that was painfully obvious.

Randall - I'm talking about 8 receivers fed from two ganged DP34's fed by two lines from one DPTwin.

I might have been able to justify the expense for a D1000, but not a D1000 AND two DPP44 switches.