First Trip w/RV Satellite

auburnmdw

Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Hi folks,
I am taking my first trip with my portable Dish 500 system this weekend, and just wanted to make sure my ducks are in a row before I go. I have a quad LNB (DishPro) system at home, and I have bought an extra Dish 500 with a Twin (not Dual) LNB--DishPro also.

I have a 301 receiver in the 4th room of my home setup, which I will be taking along for the trip. I haven't tested it yet (I had problems with the 301 receiver, and a replacement will arrive tomorrow), but I'm assuming, based on what I've read here, that this should work without too much trouble, after I set it up, run check switch, and align the thing. Am I missing anything here? Thanks for any suggestions!

Camp out in your back yard one night and try it out. You may not be able to go on-line with satelliteguys.us in the middle of nowhere if the set-up will not work. Take Scotts home phone number with you, he's always helpfull.

Do they allow you to take two receivers when you go RV'ing or is that against their guidelines when you get the RV waiver? I hate having to watch what someone else wants to watch or vice versa.

As I understand it, there is no "real" limit to the RV waiver in that respect. Once you kick in with the RV waiver, all of your receivers get the programming you opt for (like distant locals).

Also, FWIW, as I understand it, DirecTV will only activate the one receiver with distant locals.

I got E* this spring got an rv waiver and have had sat tv everywhere we have gone. No matter how thick the woods were. Just get a satellite finder (ebay 10.00) and a long rg9 cable radio shack 100 ft 18.00 It should take under 15 mins the first time (I did practice in the back yard one time) after that 5 mins to get both birds I have the 500 too. Its easy with the sat finder. I have distant locals NY and get those in the house too.
hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)