five sat locations possible?

voyagerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
Is there any way to set up the following Sat locations on one receiver. I have them split to two different receivers currently. I have all legacy equipment. With two dish 500 and three dish 300s. I've had 4 going on one receiver with my SW64 and a SW21 that worked. I can live with what I have but was just curious if its possible. I don't want to replace it all with Dish Pro equip though.

61.5 Sky Angel
110 & 119 Regular programming
129 Nashville HD locals
148 CBS West HD

Voyagerbob

n0qcu said:
The only way is with DishPro.
nOqcu

Hi, I have been installing Dish Network for over 10 years and I am not sure how I could make a 5 Orbital install work with any current software Dish Network uses in any present or past receivers.

I haven't tried this yet, but even If we used a DP21 switch to combine the 4th and 5th LNBs into a DPP44 switch, only 4 orbital locations should display on the Dish Network Matrix after you run the check switch.

John Passalacqua
Image Comm
Fallbrook, CA

"I haven't tried this yet, but even If we used a DP21 switch to combine the 4th and 5th LNBs into a DPP44 switch, only 4 orbital locations should display on the Dish Network Matrix after you run the check switch."

That's incorrect. I setup a friend of mine just a couple of weeks ago for 61.5, 119, 110, 129, and 148. I used a DPP44 and 2 DP21s and the 5 satellites show in the matrix on a 622 receiver. The output of DPP44 goes into Port 1 of the DP21 and the 5th satellite feed goes into Port 2.

Of course like nOqcu said, this will only work with Dish Pro.

RandallA said:
"I haven't tried this yet, but even If we used a DP21 switch to combine the 4th and 5th LNBs into a DPP44 switch, only 4 orbital locations should display on the Dish Network Matrix after you run the check switch."

That's incorrect. I setup a friend of mine just a couple of weeks ago for 61.5, 119, 110, 129, and 148. I used a DPP44 and 2 DP21s and the 5 satellites show in the matrix on a 622 receiver. The output of DPP44 goes into Port 1 of the DP21 and the 5th satellite feed goes into Port 2.

Of course like nOqcu said, this will only work with Dish Pro.
Thanks for the heads up. The Dish Network Tech Support said this couldn't work. Too bad we can't combine the 4Th and 5Th satellite locations on the front end of the DPP44 switch. That way we could use a single coax run to a separator instead of 2 DP21 switches and 2 home runs to the 622.

By the way does this only work with VIP series receivers or all DP receivers?

John Passalcqua
Image Comm

As far as I know, it should work with all DP receivers and VIP receivers. Unfortunately for a dual tuner, yes you'll need to use two ports in the DPP44 and two DP21s.

Is there any way to set up the following Sat locations on one receiver. I have them split to two different receivers currently. I have all legacy equipment. With two dish 500 and three dish 300s. I've had 4 going on one receiver with my SW64 and a SW21 that worked. I can live with what I have but was just curious if its possible. I don't want to replace it all with Dish Pro equip though.

61.5 Sky Angel
110 & 119 Regular programming
129 Nashville HD locals
148 CBS West HD

Voyagerbob

I too have all legacy LNBFs and switches, and like you, I cascade the SW64 with a SW21 to get 110W, 119W, 129W, and 148W to an 811 receiver. It seems to me that if I wanted to add, say, the 61.5W satellite all I would have to do is replace the SW21 with a SW31 switch ( Maxx Electronics Corp. :: Dishnet Switches :: SW31 SWITCH
) . Actually I think the SW31 is nothing more than a SW21 cascaded with another SW21 as seems to be indicated in the referenced URL.
Wouldn't this work?

Last edited:
That's uncharted territory - only after testing could tell us.
Chances are very low - I don't recall any test what doing check for three level cascade switches.

DP34 + DP21 = 4 sats, confirmed.

Haven't done a 44 yet for 5 sat, will soon when I fine time to bury a ton of cable in clay. Although been shown before so nothing new.

Double cascading two 21 switches with a 64, good question, I doubt it though. Then again, you never know.

I remember someone posting something maybe within the last 2 months on 5 sats with pictures of the matrix.

I've found it works best after you download the software instead of checkswitching with production software (I think production is the initial sw).

One could definately have alot of fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)