Flex related question

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I know the Flex questions get asked ad nauseum however I was curious if -

1. New customers can still sign up for this package?

2. Hypothetically speaking, will any channel packs get additional channels in the future i.e. Hallmark Drama or are the packs pretty much set for good.

Thanks

1. It appears that Dish stopped marketing it to new customers. Newbies may have to sign up for another package and then downgrade through MyDish, if they can.

2. I doubt it since they aren't selling it or even promoting it anywhere.

1. It appears that Dish stopped marketing it to new customers. Newbies may have to sign up for another package and then downgrade through MyDish, if they can.

Current subs can still get it...it's still there in English packages..

True it would appear if you go to the site as a non customer you are offered 120 to Top 250. But if you look a little further you can easily see Flex. My guess is since there is no deal for a new customer or maybe a minor one if they get Flex it isn't mentioned with all the packages that are a deal. They are 100% still offering Flex.

No one knows if the add ons will remain the same or change from this point forward but if DISH continues to offer Flex I'm sure they will vary at some point.

Reactions: pattykay
If you are a new customer, the deep-discounted AT plans are a better deal. Then after the first year you can switch to Flex Plan.
That doesn't even make any sense. Either way, the price is / was guaranteed for two years. When the price-freeze ends, you are out of contract, and you can switch to whatever you want, even if that means a different provider.

That doesn't even make any sense. Either way, the price is / was guaranteed for two years. When the price-freeze ends, you are out of contract, and you can switch to whatever you want, even if that means a different provider.
It makes a lot of sense. Please re-read my original post carefully, this time not skipping any of my words.

I bit the bullet so to speak and dropped from the Top 200 (1 year remaining on my price lock) $54.99 to the Flex + National Sports + Regional Sports + Heartland = $55.99 cause with rumors and we all know how those go, of the Flex going away I didn't want to wake up one morning only for it to NOT BE available. After football season my Flex bill drops to $35.99. Not bad at all. During the season however I will miss CBS College sports, ESPNEWS & ESPNU being absent from the Packs. I guess the Spokes listener hasn't quite got to my message just yet.

I just got new service a couple weeks ago with the Flex. So far very happy with the hopper 3 and the monthly price. Even the regular price after 2 years is better than my year 2 price through Directv. My mom wants me to switch her to the Flex pack since she's paying $90 for 1 722 DVR and the top 120 with heartland.

It makes a lot of sense. Please re-read my original post carefully, this time not skipping any of my words.
You mean this post:
If you are a new customer, the deep-discounted AT plans are a better deal. Then after the first year you can switch to Flex Plan.
What I don't understand is why you would have to / want to switch to Flex Pack after the first year. What makes the deep-discounted AT plans a better deal in the first year, that would not still be the better deal in year two with a two-year price lock?

You mean this post:

What I don't understand is why you would have to / want to switch to Flex Pack after the first year. What makes the deep-discounted AT plans a better deal in the first year, that would not still be the better deal in year two with a two-year price lock?

If they went through a local dealer they might have only got a 1 year price lock. I know the local dealers by me don’t always have 2 year price lock deals. Otherwise it would make sense to stick with the AT deals.

If they went through a local dealer they might have only got a 1 year price lock. I know the local dealers by me don’t always have 2 year price lock deals. Otherwise it would make sense to stick with the AT deals.

Local retailers have EXACTLY the same deals that DISH central has and sometimes better. They are currently 2 year price locks but haven't always been.

Local retailers have EXACTLY the same deals that DISH central has and sometimes better. They are currently 2 year price locks but haven't always been.

Exactly!

No point in giving your business to dish directly.

You generally will get a better install from a local dealer anyways.

As far as getting a flex pack to be grandfathered into it if it goes away, it's not a good idea.

Everytime you do a free or discounted upgrade they require you to get off the old package.

I had a lady who was on Dish picks, which was pick 10 channels for $15.

Could you get her off that dam package for years after dish stopped offering it.

But everytime her receiver went bad, every upgrade or service call we had to charge her full price.

Then eventually they sent her a letter and made her get rid of it. She was so mad, we ended up switching her to Directv.

I had a lady who was on Dish picks, which was pick 10 channels for $15.

Could you get her off that dam package for years after dish stopped offering it.

But everytime her receiver went bad, every upgrade or service call we had to charge her full price.

Then eventually they sent her a letter and made her get rid of it. She was so mad, we ended up switching her to Directv.
And how is that $15 per month Directv package working out for her? ;)

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts