Flint, MI Locals

catch22igogg

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
MI
Has there been any further information about when Flint, MI locals will be available to people outside of Genesee county? I live in Lapeer county and I am forced to use Detroit locals, even though Flint is much closer to me. Severe weather and locals news would be great!

Has there been any further information about when Flint, MI locals will be available to people outside of Genesee county? I live in Lapeer county and I am forced to use Detroit locals, even though Flint is much closer to me. Severe weather and locals news would be great!

Do you mean on satellite? Lapeer is not in the Flint DMA so E* cannot provide them to you by federal regulation. You get the Detroit locals because Lapeer is in the Detroit DMA. You basically have two options. One is to put up an OTA antenna to receive the Flint locals and the second is to "move" to a Flint DMA address. The 61.5 spot beam likely covers you in Lapeer. Flint HD locals are on Transponder 3 so if you get a good signal stength on that 61.5 transponder, you should be able to "move" and get the Flint locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts