Food Hd?

Customgamer1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Sorry if this was already talked about but could not find anything?

I know everyone was talking about dish getting food HD but now that they got a few new channels where is it? If it's still coming does anyone know when it's coming?

yeah I gave you the channel live date, gdarwin gave you the date it's added to Dish ;)

I do think Dish is going to carry Food Network HD, but I do not think it will be on June 30. Scott G., certainly knows more, but I think the plans are to add Food Network HD with the next group of HD channels in later summer or Fall.

Purely speculation as always. I remember going through this with the last set of new HD channels. I do recall good old Charlie stating that Food HD is coming in the second quarter or something like that. They had better hurry or it is late.

gjh3260 said:
I have not read anything about the June 30 date for Food HD or any other upcoming HD channels that E* has planned. How reliable is the source ??

The official launch date for Food HD is June 30. It's not likely that Dish will offer it on that day, likely towards the end of summer with the rumored collection of new HD channels.

Jeff_R said:
The official launch date for Food HD is June 30. It's not likely that Dish will offer it on that day, likely towards the end of summer with the rumored collection of new HD channels.

Foodtv has been added to wow cable in the chicago area according to the wow message board.

Jeff_R said:

What else is rumored besides Food Network HD?

Cinemax HD?

Possibly, maybe MHD, and maybe Outdoor Channel 2 HD if we show dish we're interested, because scott talked to them at team summit and said dish has not shown them interest

Note that when HGTV HD launched, they had only 350 hours of HD programs to air, adding another 100 by the end of the year, for a total of 450 unique hours of HD programs over a 7 month period. That works out to a daily average of 2 new hours of HD per day.

Food Network HD is from the same company. They haven't yet announced how many hours of HD programs they will have when they launch, but they have said that it will be another 2-3 years before all of their shows will be recorded in HD.

So while we may pick up another "HD" channel soon, there is a chance that 80%-90% of the material aired on it will be in SD for a while.

I think FoodNet is another HD only channel, like HGTV, so it will only be HD, but the same stuff looped.

As I don't get HGTV HD, I didn't know it was only HD & repeats.

My goodness, they are showing only 450 total hours of unique programming over a 7 month period on HGTV HD??!!!?

That would mean over 90% of all their programming are repeats. Wow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)