For those who are waiting for Glasses Free 3D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Funny stuff!:eek::) That must be the glasses-free 3D that Charlie @ Dish Network was referring to when he insinuated that it was right around the corner!:rolleyes:

Ed

You may be waiting for a long long time for glasses free 3D group viewing.

The present research is in the direction of single viewer glasses free screens, such as for 3D Camcorders and laptops and ipod like devices. Not for group viewing as the sweet spot to achieve the effect is quite small. The second version of glasses 3D is passive, like real 3D in the theaters. Of these the two technologies, panel and front projectors, both equally have issues with narrow field of view for 3D. Front projectors have resolved this by using a cylindrical silver screen. This is what is used in the movie theaters so people on the sides and the center get the same level of 3D.
So with the knowledge of these 3D limitations, I decided to take the plunge and go for an active glasses 3D front projector. I don't regret the investment. However, I generally restrict the 3D viewing to one movie per day max. It's like a treat as opposed to something I expect all the time. Not all 3D is the same but most are quite good to enjoy over the 2D version.
So far, my best looking 3D movie has been Step Up 3D. The most disappointing has been The Last Air Bender, but I will give it another shot. My first viewing of it didn't show much 3D effect. It was almost the same as watching the 2D version with 2D to 3D upconvert turned on.

Interesting post. Thanks Don. In a way I'm glad that 3D is not coming too quickly or easily, making all our existing HDTVs obsolete overnight (if there were a huge breakthrough).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)