For those who have 105 superdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I have a 105 superdish. My locals have been moved from transponder 5 on the 105 to a spotbeam, transponder 7 on 119. My signal on the 105 was at best 87. Today before doing anything the signal was at 85 on 105 and the signal on 119 spotbeam transponder 7 was bouncing from 123 to 125. I realigned the dish for the spotbeam on 119 and now have a solid 125. jfi 105 transponder 5 is now at 83. I did not change the skew only elevation and azimuth. In my opinion if your superdish was previously aligned correctly it's not worth messing with. Scott indicated this in a previous posters thread. P.S. Being a hard head had see for myself. Last thing, durring the 3 years I have been using my superdish I have realigned the dish a bunch of times alway using the 105 position transponder 5 to maximiize that week signal.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd swap that superdish for a D500 and sell it! OR...you can easily convert a 105 superdish to a 129/121 combo and have one LNB left over.

I have noticed that a 105 Stupid Dish when not requiring the reception anymore for signals from 105 satellite because of movement to 110 satellite can be improved for the reception of 110 and 119 satellites by changing the skew for best reception of those two sats.
Readings on the roof before and after the change bear this out.

Clancy said:
I have noticed that a 105 Stupid Dish when not requiring the reception anymore for signals from 105 satellite because of movement to 110 satellite can be improved for the reception of 110 and 119 satellites by changing the skew for best reception of those two sats.
Readings on the roof before and after the change bear this out.
How much better was the signal?

Also, how does one figure how much to skew and which direction? I would hate to try trial and error and loose all signals and not be able to get them back.

Reply to JonBlack.
If you want to try and improve your signals with my above situation you might mark on a piece of paper and/or use a pencil to mark the metal parts of the mount your various prior numbered settings.

When changing the skew to leave 105 satellite and set to just the other two satellites, looking from the rear of the dish , the upper left part of dish would be lowered slightly while raising the lower right portion.

Azimuth and elevation settings would also be checked for improvement also. Very small movements at a time while watching signal levels.
Settings of course vary from place to place. Trial and error should reap a gain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)