Fox 40 HD in Sacramento

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
Sent an email asking why the NFL was not in HD on Sunday. Received this reply:

Thank you for your interest in FOX Sports coverage of the 2006/2007 NFL Season. FOX Sports only produces a few games each week in HD. Last Sunday, September 10, 2006 in our viewing area only the Seattle @ Detroit game was broadcast in HD.

Can this be believed? I can not imagine the 49er game was not in HD somewhere, most likely on local cable.

If you were watching via E* LIL channels, Fox40 isn't available at all in HD at this time. Tribune and E* haven't signed a deal for any of their HD channels as of yet.

If this is an OTA question, then their answer makes a lot of sense. Although I thought I read that Fox is doing all of their games in HD this season??

Fox does 6 games in HD a week, and if there's a 7th game that's in widescreen.

so if you were watching ota and did not have at least widescreen, the station screwed up.

but as jeff points up dish doesnt carry fox40 over satellite, so if you're watching the sd channel expecting to see hd, that's not gonna happen

not a football fan here, but as I was flipping thru my OTA channels I thought I saw fox 40 transmitting a game; it was widescreen for sure, but as for being HD I'm not sure as the pic quality was quite low! :eek: On top of being football, that just gave me another reason to change channels!:cool:

Jeff_R said:
If you were watching via E* LIL channels, Fox40 isn't available at all in HD at this time. Tribune and E* haven't signed a deal for any of their HD channels as of yet.

If this is an OTA question, then their answer makes a lot of sense. Although I thought I read that Fox is doing all of their games in HD this season??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)