Fox Sports Recording Problem

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
When I DVR baseball games on the 612 and 622, and start the recording it never picks up the game, but rather skips forward to "Live TV" but doesn't even have the game on then, just a black screen.

I have to change channels, "Cancel the recording" that really isn't taking place anyway, and flip back to the channel and tape the rest of the game this way.

This is a big inconvenience since I'm not always home to do this. Is anyone else having this problem when recording their baseball games? Any help or advice is always appreciated :D

Unplug your receiver (when it is not recording, of course) for 10-20 seconds and plug it back in.

I have had weird timer problems that were fixed by doing that.

The actual channel signal is not there when the receiver starts the recording (probably 1-2 minutes early) so when the channel comes up it has already failed.

Be sure to set the recording to start on the 00 hour not 1-2 minutes early because the channel is not there until the programming starts - unlike all other dish channels.

If the recording begins while the Dish Network splash screen is up, it will fail to pick up the program when it is aired..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)