Free 722 on my porch!

m_ellerbe

Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Louisiana
First time poster but long time reader. I came home today and found a VIP 722 on my porch that was left by UPS. It has my address but another name. Still on hold with CSR. Hope they don't charge me for it! Any advice or anything similar happen to anyone else. Thanks

CSR can't find anything on my account or the other person's either. After holding for at least 10-15 minutes (American CSR) for her to "research this" she transferred me to Tech support. Tech had no idea what I was talking about. She asked me to put the return shipping label on it and carry it to UPS drop off. Only problem is I am 30 minutes away from the nearest one. What is wrong with them shipping out a receiver with no information. Anyone want to buy a VIP 722 cheap ;)

Wrong address. Can you find the person named?
Do you have Dish service or was there previously service at your address?

I do have DISH service currently with a 722 which makes me nervous about them screwing up and charging me. I have the name on the box with what looks like their phone number but would hate to call out of the blue. They would think I am a scammer or such; they should be pissed if this is their RMA.

If you give them the RMA number on the box they should be able to find the account this reciever is tied to. If the CSR can not find it ask for the number to their Product Research team. I guarente someone will get back charged for that reciever if one is not returned in it's place.

Why should the OP waste another 15-30 minutes of their time trying to fix a Dish screw up. I would get on Dish chat and tell Dish that storage fees amounting to $10/day will accrue starting tomorrow if the un-ordered device is not picked up and written assurance provided that it will not be charged to the OP's account. I would then save and print the entire conversation as documentation. How dare Dish make the OP do all the work to fix their mistake!

Why should the OP waste another 15-30 minutes of their time trying to fix a Dish screw up. I would get on Dish chat and tell Dish that storage fees amounting to $10/day will accrue starting tomorrow if the un-ordered device is not picked up and written assurance provided that it will not be charged to the OP's account. I would then save and print the entire conversation as documentation. How dare Dish make the OP do all the work to fix their mistake!

i like this one :)

You ought to call them. Wouldn't you want someoene to call you if your wallet ended up on their porch with your phone number on it.

It's a no brainer. If more people were like that in this country, we'd all be better off.

Be very careful. I had a problem w/ 622 and E* sent a replacement 625 which I also have. When I sent the 625 back, they thought I was discontinuing service and shut off my 625. Be sure to get a RMA#.

This happens to me all the time. We get so many Dish receivers sent to my store Via UPS, we get all the DISH Network shippments for everyone else in the neighborhood.

The UPS man assumes the receivers are ours because they boxes have the DISH Network logo on it.

I just give it back to my UPS driver and he delivers it to the correct address.

If you decide to keep it, it will eventually catch up with you and UPS will call you and ask for it because they do have a record of the exact address of where they dropped it off. I had UPS one day deliver a receiver that was susposed to go to another retailer that I absolutly hated. Considering that it was already paid for with a credit card, I just put it on the shelf in my back room. Sure enough a few weeks later my UPS driver came by asking for it and I ended up giving it to him so he would not get in trouble!

Perhaps the OP is honest and want's to do the right thing _ I can't fault him for that.

Mario