Free Dish Tuneup??????

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I( received the followingt email claiming to be from Dish network. Is it real or a scam?

Dear Valued DISH Network Customer:

An electronic report generated by your satellite TV system indicates that your receiver is experiencing some technical difficulties. You may or may not notice a problem - however we would like to arrange a complimentary service call to ensure your system is working correctly.

DISH Network strives to make sure every customer has the best television viewing experience, and we believe the complimentary tune up of your system will do just that.

This Complimentary tune up is only available by clicking on the link below.

To schedule your free technician visit.
Click Here (removed the real link)

Frequently Asked Questions

“Is my system broken?”

No. Our report indicates your dish antenna is receiving lower-than-normal satellite signal. This may cause programming interruptions, but is easily fixed so that you can get the most out of your DISH Network system.

“What if my system is working fine?”

Your equipment is telling us there may be signal troubles in the near future, even though you may not be seeing any problems right now. We understand that for some customers it may be inconvenient to wait for a technician but we feel a tune up now will avoid a reception problem later. Simply, we just don't want you to miss any favorite programming.

“It only happens during weather so it’s not really that big of a deal.”

Only really severe weather should affect your DISH Network programming. This complimentary service call will help make your system more resistant to weather.

“Will this cost anything?”

Absolutely not! This is a complimentary service offered only to those customers who we believe need some technical tweaking.

“Can’t I just wait until I notice a problem?”

We have available technicians in your area right now. To avoid any future inconvenience -- and a longer wait later -- we recommend that you contact us today.

To make changes to your email preferences visit eDISH at dishnetwork.com. Certain email accounts block messages that you intend to receive. To make sure that you continue to receive updates from DISH Network add dishnetwork@dishnetwork.messages1.com to your address book.

©2007, EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.
9601 S Meridian Blvd., Englewood, CO 80112

Can they really tell that my system needs tuning up and is it really at no charge. Or are they looking to sell me an upgrade of some kind.

My friend had a Dish "tune-up" about 3 weeks ago. After they were finished, he was unable to get the 129 sat. The Dish tech could not get it back. My friend is having DirecTV installed at this very moment.

The link went to a Dish .com tech chat site. I gave them my account number and They came back with my home phone number that I had not provided. They said they looked my account up. They set up a Free tune up for Friday January 11th, 8-12 AM. I have a leased 722 and an owned 811. My receivers are legit. I have a Dish pro 500 and an single dish pointed at 61.5 for HD with a DP44 switch. The signal was set up by the 722 installer over a year ago. The signal isn't the best, but the best that that installer could do. I have the DVR Advantage package with two premiums. We shall see?

I checked my signal strength and on my Dish 500, I got a 68 and a 38 signal strength. Mine needs adjusting, so I might as well let them do it. I will let everyone know how the visit goes tomorrow, if he shows up.

I checked my signal strength and on my Dish 500, I got a 68 and a 38 signal strength. Mine needs adjusting, so I might as well let them do it. I will let everyone know how the visit goes tomorrow, if he shows up.

That is what they are seeing too, that is why the email.

Had a call on Mon. and set up appt. for today 12 - 5. Tech called at 1:30 to say he was on his way here and arrived a 2:00. Checked signal strength, 110 t11 60, 119 t11 67, 129 t11 40 then went out to dishes and found some jacket wires possible shorting across the pigtail on 129 cable entering sw34 and a corroding ground wire from sw34 to ground block. Replaced fitting and ground wire, signal still the same but will check lost locks in AM. ( have been showing 12 of 14)I did not have problems that I could see but 622 sent data to dish so I'll go along with it as long as no charge for it.

Installer called at 10:10AM. I left work and was home by 10:20AM. He was at my house waiting. He checked out my signal and said it was very low on 110. He said my dish was not grounded properly, but he would have to move it near the electric meter to properly ground it. The dishes were on the front of the house and my wife didn't ever like the looks of them. He replaced both of the dishes with new dish 500s and a new single LNB. The dual lnb was alright. They ran very neat new wiring to the switch and realigned the wires to a very neat package. Checked signal strength and all three are above 70 on my 722 and above 100 on the dish 811. Very pleased with everything, if I do not get a bill, which the installer said that I would not.

Are you guys that are getting free tune-ups leasing or on a service plan of some kind? I own one Vip211 and I've never had it hooked up to a phone line (and never got audited) past or present. But I sure would like a tune up. How do I get one (for Free)? My signals are poor 119/110/61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts