Free HD For Life

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
i see endless comments on this but the comments seem contradictory. My question is pretty basic/ If i pay the $99 what do I get? Is a charge removed from my monthly bill and what is its preent value?

I have all of the HD channels offered. The only charge I see on my most recent statement is $10.00 for HD & Platinum. Maybe I'm missing something but there isn't any additional charge for the HD channels. So how does the HD for life help me save any money.

Service Date(s) Detailed Activity
Previous Balance $ 104.99
Apr 21 Credit Card Payment -104.99
$ 0.00
Monthly Charges
May 16 - Jun 15 HD Solo Receiver 7.00
HBO & Showtime 22.00
America's Top 250 with Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
DVR Service 6.00
Service Plan (0/0) 6.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
$ 120.99
Other Charges and Credits
Jun 23 America's Everything -10.00
Apr 23 Loyalty Credit 4 of 6 -6.00
$ -16.00
Total AutoPay on May 21, 2010 $ 104.99

I'm not sure how many more times this needs to be explained. It's not going to help existing customers at all. The only way it could possibly help you is if you decide you want to drop the Platinum HD channels in the future. Then you would get the regular HD channels for free and you would no longer recieve the Platinum HD channels. You would then be saving $10 and still get some HD programming.

Maybe it just neds to be expalined once.

Many DISH subs have no idea whatsoever what platinum HD is or whether they had tyrbo Bronze or any one of the other mysteriously named pacges that DISH sells these days. I take it after all this that if I have Platinum HD I will see no change on my bill. Could someone give me an examplt ofa Platinum HD channel so I might know if I have that package.

maybe then I can figure out if the darned thing saves me any money.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/StandardHDChannelGuide.pdf
Look at the top right column for platinum HD.

Maybe it just neds to be expalined once.

Many DISH subs have no idea whatsoever what platinum HD is or whether they had tyrbo Bronze or any one of the other mysteriously named pacges that DISH sells these days. I take it after all this that if I have Platinum HD I will see no change on my bill. Could someone give me an examplt ofa Platinum HD channel so I might know if I have that package.

maybe then I can figure out if the darned thing saves me any money.

I tried asking DISH if the offer would lower my bill and they told me that the offer starts June 3. How that answers the question I don't know. Thanks for the link CDP I cannot open the .pdf where I am but perhaps when i get home.

Can someone at least verify for me that I will still have to pay the 410 for Platinum and therefore save nothing?

I tried asking DISH if the offer would lower my bill and they told me that the offer starts June 3. How that answers the question I don't know. Thanks for the link CDP I cannot open the .pdf where I am but perhaps when i get home.

Can someone at least verify for me that I will still have to pay the 410 for Platinum and therefore save nothing?

Correct.

I'm not sure how many more times this needs to be explained. It's not going to help existing customers at all. The only way it could possibly help you is if you decide you want to drop the Platinum HD channels in the future. Then you would get the regular HD channels for free and you would no longer recieve the Platinum HD channels. You would then be saving $10 and still get some HD programming.

You would not be saving the $10 because of the HD free for life.

The HD channels that are in the regular packages are now included in the regular package price, but will not be for mew subs after June 3. They will have to pay for them in one of several ways.

You would not be saving the $10 because of the HD free for life.

The HD channels that are in the regular packages are now included in the regular package price, but will not be for mew subs after June 3. They will have to pay for them in one of several ways.

The $10 savings would come in if you had the Platinum HD channels that you would now be paying $10 for and dropped them. A person who currently gets the HD and Platinum HD channels for $10 right now will have the opportunity next month to drop the Platinum HD channels and save themselves $10 and still keep the regular HD channels with their package.

Does this make sense to everyone?

I want to keep Platinum but I don't want my bill going up $10.00 more. So If I leave my bill alone it will go up $2.00 for Top 250 and that's it? HD free and Plat. 10.00 that's how I'm taking it.

I think the way I understand is that if you have the HD add on to the basic SD package, then your bill will go down $8. I DONT have HD, but I was planning on getting it, I think I should get it before 6/3 to avoid the $99 fee or 2-year committment?

Meaning,

1. People with SD only like myself - AT120, AT200 and AT250 SD folks will now get HD for free - net effect, bill just goes up by $2 - (do they need to sign up for HD before 6/3??)

2. People with basic HD add on (not platinum HD!) - AT120 (HD Bronze), AT200 (HD Silver) and AT250 (HD Gold) will actually see a $8 drop in their bill. I am unclear if you have to be Platinum HD to be grandfathered into free HD for life (meaning call subsequently to get Platinum HD off the account).

Please correct me if I am not stating this appropriately????

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)