Free Previews

comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
All but one of the channels in my guide for Starz Encore are standard definition!!??? Who wants to watch that? Some “preview”. I’ll keep my money....

That's the way that package is structured. It's not a restriction based on this preview.

crodrules

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
All but one of the channels in my guide for Starz Encore are standard definition!!??? Who wants to watch that? Some “preview”. I’ll keep my money....
...especially since that one HD channel would not be included if you actually subscribed to the stand-alone Encore package. (Starz Encore East HD is only included in the Starz package, not the Starz Encore package.)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
O

OrangeandBlue33

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 18, 2003
Site say Starz Encore till the 26th, HDNet Movies to 3/4. Have not checked yet.

If you like your movies in SD, the Encore Free Preview is up and running on my guide.

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
SD, in 2018, bwaaahaha. Get serious.

Agree but... Can you get Starz stuff on demand when it's in free preview? I've found , even in SD, pretty decent and much better than the satellite delivered channel.

comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
...especially since that one HD channel would not be included if you actually subscribed to the stand-alone Encore package. (Starz Encore East HD is only included in the Starz package, not the Starz Encore package.)

In my guide, none of the free preview Starz Encore channels are in HD.

wormil

wormil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2008
North Carolina
Why in heck not? No broadband?
The interface is intensely slow, to the point of almost being nonfunctional. Once you have "rented" something and it downloads, the watch button is greyed out. If you try watch now it never plays. So unless dish is deliberately sabotaging me, it doesn't work on any 722.

TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
The interface is intensely slow, to the point of almost being nonfunctional. Once you have "rented" something and it downloads, the watch button is greyed out. If you try watch now it never plays. So unless dish is deliberately sabotaging me, it doesn't work on any 722.

It used to work fine on my 722 and also on my 612's. Caveat: I haven't tried it recently.

crodrules

crodrules

Your Happy Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 14, 2014
North Central Ohio
It was listed in the guide on the Dish Studio channel. They had a block promoting both the Epix and Showtime previews this weekend.