Frequent Signal Loss Events

owensdj

Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
I'm getting more "Complete Signal Loss" events during rain than I did back when the dish was first installed in 2007. It hasn't be adjusted since the initial install. My 119 and 110 signal levels are in the low 50's during good weather, which is lower than they should be according to a chart I saw.

How do I get someone to come re-peak the dish? Is this something I set up through Dish Network or with a local installer directly? Thanks.

Call dish or pm a dirt member here and they will go over your options. If you have the protection plan it will cost 15 bucks I believe. If not you can add it and get the same price. I think it's 99 without it. The dirt members are in red at the bottom of the home page. They are dish agents and are really good.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Since you are receiving signal now, it should not be difficult you you yourself to peak your dish, all it takes is time, a steady hand and you being able to access the dish.

If your dish has gone out of alignment, the most likely culprit is either the pole may have leaned a bit, or weather may have rotated the dish slightly to the left/right or up/down.

1. Scribe or use a magic marker to mark the location of the azimuth adjuster on the pole.

2. Check the skew and make sure it is set according to published specs for your dish and zipcode.

3. Loosen the pole bolts at the back of the dish and lift the dish off the pole.

4. Use a level to check the pole to assure that it is ABSOLUTELY vertical in two axes 90 degrees apart.

5. After you have set the pole ABSOLUTELY vertical put the dish back on the pole and align the marks you made earlier.

6. Tighten the azimuth bolts 75% or slightly snug, and check your signal strength on satellite 119.

7. Move the dish a very small increment clockwise and recheck the signal, repeat until signal drops, then move dish back counter-clockwise until signal on 119 is as high as possible - tighten the azimuth bolts snug.

8. Loosen the elevation bolt slightly and adjust the elevation up in as small an increment as you can, check your signal level on 119 and if it went up repeat until it goes down then back up just a bit and tighten the elevation bolt.

9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 at least two more times.

10. Check signal levels on 110 and 129, you may need to slightly compromise signal on 119 to bring 110 and 129 up a bit without loosing too much signal on 119.

11. The object now is to repeat steps 7 and 8 looking at all three satellites until signals are well balanced - your dish is now correctly peaked.

12. You may try abit of messing around with the skew (using the same very small increment method as above), but generally the published skew is pretty accurate.

Happy viewing.

I had this happen recently to my 1000.2 EA dish. Turned out one of the lnb's was drifting, even though the dish was only 2 months old. I got the lnb swapped out via warranty, and no more frequent signal loss... Go into your system info screen, and see if it shows any lnb as having drift. Could still need aiming, but you never know...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)